Project Browser says "The Folder Path is invalid" when I try to make a new project

I use UE4 in a university lab, and the setup means I needed to install on a local windows profile and then switch to my own personal one. I can run the launcher, but when I attempt to make a new project it says that “the folder path is invalid”, presumably because I’m in a different windows user area now. How do I change this to a valid path?

Hi XJMaw,

I am very sorry that this post somehow got missed by us. Please let us know if the issue is still occurring for you, and we will work to help you out.

Cheers

We hope that you have successfully been able to overcome the issue you were facing, as we have not heard back from you in a while. We are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the same issue, please let us know and we will continue to investigate.

Additionally, we have recently provided a guide for Academic Setup. If you are still experiencing an issue, I hope this helps.

Cheers

Yes, it is still occurring. University lab tried to use version 4.25.1 would not launch got error message. So used 4.24 it launched but when it was time to click the create it is grayed out and states on left invalid folder path.