[Project] Bloodborne

Yes, you’re right, the illumination is bad. But this is because I didn’t work on it yet. I’m waiting to have everything modeled and textured to focus on lights. Anyway, maybe you’re right and it would be good if I work on them a little bit to give them the “touch” that finally they’ll have. So, I hope in the next post show you an improvement in this line.

And thanks for your comment! I love when someone does these kinds of appreciations it keeps me working on!

Hello Miguel

I’m beginning to think I’m wrong in what I wrote. I would like to remember before posting, some kind of “Internet Wall” stopping me from typing anything that could get me into trouble. I know companies have specific people who speak for the company and release appropriate things for the mass public to read. Also some open source and half-open source projects add extra rules to their releases, as not to step on anyone’s toes or themselves get hurt.

I don’t want to make an embarrassment out of all this. I felt, at the time, I was doing the right thing. Letting you know what I thought. But maybe in future, I’ll change what I write… maybe noting it down and not posting until a week later, when I’ve read through it again.

I could of stepped on your toes as your message suggested that you knew the lighting wasn’t fully up and running.

Do let me know your thoughts. You could be helping me in more ways than one.

1 Like

It’s always good to have some self-reflection on what you say, and even better if you can do it before you say it! You meant well, however, which is what matters. It’s nice to see community members excited about other members’ work! We all want to see @MiguelMNavas’s work at its very best!

1 Like

Hey!

Hey!

No! You did it right! If you think there is something wrong you have to say it! There is no problem with that. In fact, this post is exactly for that purpose. And it’s probably that I ask even for help from some of you for illumination when I arrive at that stage. Here is a great opportunity to know people who love video games, exactly like you, exactly that me!

So please, continue doing exactly what you’re doing. I am not offended or gather some bad thinking about your comment, on the opposite, I appreciate it!

So, again, sincerely, thanks!

Miguel

Exactly! and thanks!!!

1 Like

<3

Keep going man. Don’t let anybody make you stop or change your vision/workflow. You’ve proven to me you’re likeable in every way, despite me. I look forward for future updates. Let’s go!

2 Likes

Hellooo!!

Here I am again!

Well, last week I couldn’t upload any advance, but this week I come up with something “big”. The part that I call “right_wall”. The references are clear in the images below, and if someone is asking where are this time the UVS breakdown or the substance or quixel mixer part, well, I have used tileable textures so I haven’t considered it very important this time to show them. Anyway, if someone wants them I will show them in the next post.

The illumination is underwork, but in a near future, as soon as I have all the walls modeled and textured I will do the first approach to this point.

Well, nothing more here! I hope you like my work and sharing is very helpful!

3 Likes

Alo?

Does anybody hear me? Hahaha!

Well, today I will show the breakdown of something that you could see in the last post: yes, the lantern of some walls and the streetlights. I have tried to maintain the spirit of Bloodborne but with my touch, because copy something exactly is a very good exercise but giving your perspective is more artistic (even if someone thinks you did it wrong).

I hope you like this new post and next time I’ll come up with something a little bit big :wink:

See you soon!

PS: Also I have worked a little bit on the illumination.

4 Likes

Fantastic work as usual; the illumination is looking spot on, and you are doing such an excellent job with each asset created! Keep up the great work, and thank you for keeping us updated. :grin:

1 Like

I know the entrance is meant to be a little eerie and gothic but the brick detail and warm hanging lights just make it feel intensely reminiscent of a fairytale castle. Maybe a villain’s castle? :joy:

Disney castle dreams aside, this is looking great so far. Looking forward to your next update. :heartpulse:

1 Like

Hey, Zezkaii! Thanks! I need to work more on the illumination but I think that I’m in the middle of getting something. About keep you update, well… I try it is difficult because I have a job and I’m doing this in my free time.

Thanks, Panda! Well, I’m trying to keep similar to Bloodborne but with my own touch and just imagine how it could be for consoles of the new generation. My nephew, who is a no-hitter of the game, told me that it could be a great entrance to a Boss fight! xD

1 Like

Hi!!!

How are you? I hope fine!

Today I’ll upload a resume of a breakdown (if that thing exists xD). This time I’m going to show the part that I call “the back part” Original, right? Hahaha! Well, I pass some of the meshes for Zbrush, and after I did the retopology (as you can see in the Maya picture). Some of the information on the breakdown is omitted because are too many meshes and I don’t want to post here a kilometric post. But, if someone is interested, please ask and I’ll upload a couple of images.

I’m very happy with the result and I hope you like it as much as I am! Critical comments, like always, are welcome!!

3 Likes

I think calling this piece of your recreation “the back part” is as original as it gets. :laughing: The structure looks excellent, and I’m sure you’ll get the lighting to where you want it to be in no time. No rush, take your time, and keep up the consistency! Thank you for keeping us updated as usual. :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks like always! I hope that in the end, you like the results!

Hello, everyone!
How are you? I hope better than me… Yes I get the COVID :’( so in the next few days, I’ll not be able to do a lot because of the headaches and general pain, but even suffering from the disease I’ll try to do something!
In this post, I’m going to share how I did the Balustrade. I like the result and I hope you like it too. I keep in mind the “rococo” details and I use the normal map to do them.

3 Likes

Hi!!!

How are you? I hope better than me! I’m recovering from COVID nevertheless, I come up with a new post to share with you my advances. As you can see in the picture I have much more to share but I don’t have enough time to show you all the breakdowns so be patient, please.

On this occasion, I want to show you the “gothic door”. I’ve tried to give my touch but keeping as close as possible to the spirit of bloodborne. I think that the result is good. What do you think?

Feel free to do whatever question or critic

I’m here to learn!

See you!!!

3 Likes

Greetings @MiguelMNavas; I’m doing well; thanks for asking! I’m also wishing you a speedy recovery from your sickness. Through it all, you are managing to create such excellent Bloodborne-based assets. The Balustrade and Gothic Door are spot-on replicas, even down to the carved-in details! :star_struck:

1 Like

Thanks, @Zezkaii, I’m fine now, and soon I’ll upload the next step that I did.

1 Like