Procedural Apartments 2.0 submitted to Marketplace

A while ago I demo-ed a blueprint-based procedural apartment system in the WIP side.
There are some who requested it to be on marketplace. I’ve also sent some
people the older version.

I’ve re-written the entire system to fix a lot of flaws and have submitted to marketplace.
If this is something you like or want to see in the marketplace , please vote… Thanks.

https://www…com/watch?v=C7oaZ7brp4Q

A blueprint-based procedural apartment system used to quickly create blocks of apartment-styled building.

The system focuses on the dynamic generation of Windows, Roof, and Material.
The beauty of this system is the possibility of extending the capability if you’re decent with Blueprint functionality.
A demonstration is also shown on how to add custom components to the system. Documentation will also be provided on how to use the procedural functions.

Key Features of this system:
-Window is fully modifiable with automatic/manual parameters.

• Components (Window/Roof/Material) is fully customizable by using array.
    -Windows are dynamically instanced & have random interior texture. A sample is given to show how to add variations.
    -New asset are easily set up with just one function in construction script.
  • A decently built default shader that integrates with the Procedural system.

NOTE: The assets included in this package are merely rudimentary working assets as seen in the video/screenshot. It is highly recommended that you make your own assets to replace the placeholders as these assets aren’t made in high quality expectations.

Hi ,

I moved this to the marketplace section so it can get more exposure! Have a great day!

Ahhh sorry I didn’t know there’s a section for marketplace. thanks

It’s looking great! Good job.

Ah interesting ! I’m working on a similar project, based on Ubisoft SnowDrop Engine “Video” like this :

1:50 to 2:04

https://www…com/watch?v=_F-hwyu9bcU

I will learn a lot from your project…
thank you

Wow. That’s pretty cool :slight_smile:

[=;139827]
Ah interesting ! I’m working on a similar project, based on Ubisoft SnowDrop Engine like this :

1:50 to 2:04

https://www…com/watch?v=_F-hwyu9bcU

I will learn a lot from your project…
thank you
[/]

may I ask how did you get access to that engine ? I though ubisoft wanted to keep it for themselves ?

[=oKaGe;140039]
may I ask how did you get access to that engine ? I though ubisoft wanted to keep it for themselves ?
[/]

He never said he got access to the engine, he merely said he is working on a similar tool based on what he saw from the video.

[=;]
He never said he got access to the engine, he merely said he is working on a similar tool based on what he saw from the video.
[/]

Exactly, sorry for my little English, i edited my post , i will be happy to get access to this technology … or not , Unreal Engine is really impressive too

oh ok, my bad

How much will this cost?

Does this do interiors as well?

EDIT: Will you consider a Blueprint that places objects for interior spaces?

I have a feeling that would sell allot!

Cool!

Though I must say it was one of the ideas, that I inteded to send to marketplace, after my current one is finished :D.

[=;146075]
Cool!

Though I must say it was one of the ideas, that I inteded to send to marketplace, after my current one is finished :D.
[/]

The current asset or the one that I suggested?

[=;146091]
The current asset or the one that I suggested?
[/]

Currently I’m making medieval/fantasy houses.
One of the other packs was supposed to be modern building pack, along with blueprint for generating them.

I think such an asset would sell a lot: procedural generation of modern/fantasy buildings with automatically generated interior rooms and doors (with multistory floors).

For reference, look at the Unity3D assets “Daedalus dungeon generator” and “BuildR.” Combining those two assets into a single asset that can generate both the exterior and interior of buildings would be the holy grail of this type of asset.

If this included support for interiors and using our own assets (which I guess is already possible?) I would buy it.

[=santokki;146253]
I think such an asset would sell a lot: procedural generation of modern/fantasy buildings with automatically generated interior rooms and doors (with multistory floors).

For reference, look at the Unity3D assets “Daedalus dungeon generator” and “BuildR.” Combining those two assets into a single asset that can generate both the exterior and interior of buildings would be the holy grail of this type of asset.
[/]

Well the issue with interiors, is that they are very game specific.
Procedural generating dungeons, is not that hard, once you figure out your content limitations.

Procedural building interior is whole different matter. For example:

1. Are interiors seamless. Which means can you seamlessly go from outside to inside ?
  2. Are the interiors separate maps/layers, which must be loaded ?
  3. What meshes should be in interior space ?

I say interiors of buildings is something that does not bend well to procedural generation, and I would rather opt for well constructed meshes, and blueprints which will help place them in place you want. Semi-automation is way to go here.

Seamless interiors are already procedurally generated by Daedulus… look at their multi-story buildings complete with stairways and doors using custom prefabs tailored to your specific game. Looks like Daedalus is releasing a new version this week that generates buildings with doors. So you can just walk right on in from the outside.

However, the exterior of Daedalus buildings don’t look as good as the ones here. So that’s why I’m saying combining pretty building exteriors with seamless interiors would be the holy grail of procedurally generated buildings, and sell very well.

[=santokki;147143]
Seamless interiors are already procedurally generated by Daedulus… look at their multi-story buildings complete with stairways and doors using custom prefabs tailored to your specific game. Looks like Daedalus is releasing a new version this week that generates buildings with doors. So you can just walk right on in from the outside.

However, the exterior of Daedalus buildings don’t look as good as the ones here. So that’s why I’m saying combining pretty building exteriors with seamless interiors would be the holy grail of procedurally generated buildings, and sell very well.
[/]

Could you link us to this?

[=;147191]
Could you link us to this?
[/]

It seems quite amazing. I would definitely purchase this if anyone develops it for UE4.