Procedural Apartments 2.0 submitted to Marketplace

for the record. it does not have any interior generation.

It’s mainly for generation of windows, roof, and the infrastructure that allows you to add custom contents.

I’ll be waiting patiently for this to release. The anticipation is killing.

Yeah if this has support for fantasy / medieval setups I’d be on it in seconds. Manually building cities in a 32KM2 terrain is a pain, sure we could probably make a procedural generator ourselves but this is very well thought out and impressive so why bother? :slight_smile:

I think this looks fantastic and I hope it makes it to the market!

Procedural Building Marketplace

[= ;139817]
Hi ,

I moved this to the marketplace section so it can get more exposure! Have a great day!
[/]

Where would I be able to find this on the marketplace? I have searched for it and have not been able to locate it. Is it up there yet? Or still in the approval process?

Thanks!

[=exrush;154261]
Where would I be able to find this on the marketplace? I have searched for it and have not been able to locate it. Is it up there yet? Or still in the approval process?

Thanks!
[/]

He moved it to the marketplace section of the forum. It’s not on the marketplace yet.

Cooooooooooooooooooooool

[=Sitrec;154406]
He moved it to the marketplace section of the forum. It’s not on the marketplace yet.
[/]

Thank you! I was a bit confused there.

I managed to get some progress on my own using this guys package

https://www…com/watch?v=Mn0E-r59Zzw

He made it available in the description of the video. I’m using the blocks he put in to try and generate windows along the sides. I also set the height to a random integer so as you drag the mesh, it randomly generates the height as well as everything else. It’s pretty cool. Still trying to get the “windows” to position correctly though.

This has my vote.

[=;139805]
A while ago I demo-ed a blueprint-based procedural apartment system in the WIP side.
There are some who requested it to be on marketplace. I’ve also sent some
people the older version.

I’ve re-written the entire system to fix a lot of flaws and have submitted to marketplace.
If this is something you like or want to see in the marketplace , please vote… Thanks.

https://www…com/watch?v=C7oaZ7brp4Q

A blueprint-based procedural apartment system used to quickly create blocks of apartment-styled building.

The system focuses on the dynamic generation of Windows, Roof, and Material.
The beauty of this system is the possibility of extending the capability if you’re decent with Blueprint functionality.
A demonstration is also shown on how to add custom components to the system. Documentation will also be provided on how to use the procedural functions.

Key Features of this system:
-Window is fully modifiable with automatic/manual parameters.

• Components (Window/Roof/Material) is fully customizable by using array.
    -Windows are dynamically instanced & have random interior texture. A sample is given to show how to add variations.
    -New asset are easily set up with just one function in construction script.
  • A decently built default shader that integrates with the Procedural system.

NOTE: The assets included in this package are merely rudimentary working assets as seen in the video/screenshot. It is highly recommended that you make your own assets to replace the placeholders as these assets aren’t made in high quality expectations.

[/]

You could improve this on this direction: www…com/watch?v=WP473rNZ_Eo
And you will have my vote! :wink:

[=;155841]
You could improve this on this direction: www…com/watch?v=WP473rNZ_Eo
And you will have my vote! :wink:
[/]

I already like what did

but if he makes something like that, it would become a standard workflow for anyone using UE4.

Interestingly I once saw a talk at GDC by some guy from Epic who had worked on a procedural city generation technique using a rules-based facade generation system. Must have been around 2007-ish if you can find it on GDC Vault. Pity that never saw the light of day :slight_smile:

: isn’t that the ProcBuilder that was included in UDK? :wink:

I don’t see doors placement or door option in the video.

Hi,

We have got this, the only issue I have is the Air Con units.

Is there a way the fix this placement?

Looks better then fallout 4.