I encountered weird problem with texture import. I downloaded some cc0 material textures and tried to use it with material.
Result is too bright.
Screenshots are below.
- Texture itself after import. Before import it was 2048x2048 (2K) png file (color/diffuse) downloaded from here.
- Material made using this texture. Note how bright resulting material is, unlike texture. Only thing I did was:
- create new material
- drag&drop texture into material editor and link up RGB pin with Base Color pin
- added these constants so it looks closer to intended end result (since for clarity I omitted other textures like normal, roughness etc)
Nothing else was modified.
- Expected result (I have this texture from similar texture downloaded and imported long ago). If I use that texture with material above, result is correct. Problem seems to be with texture or rather importing of texture.
I played with sRGB option of texture and Sampler Type option of Texture Sample node in material editor, but they yeld either bright texture or various warnings/errors like “Sampler type is Linear Color, should be Color”. Note that all textures I import have this problem, this is just one example. I also reproduced problem in new, fresh project created from scratch.
What I can do to fix this very annoying problem out of nowhere? When I imported textures in past, long ago, everything worked correctly. I can’t help but think that some UE4 update screwed up something. Wouldn’t be first time.
Unreal Engine: 4.25.3