Problems updating project to 4.4

I have been trying to updated to 4.4 for my project . It works OK for my colleague , but when I try to update the project I get the following error message (below) . I have tried engine versions 4.4 , 4.4.1 and 4.4.2 and keep getting the same result . It is a difficult issue to fix because I do not program and it works fine on my colleagues so it is difficult to find out what the issue is .

Any help would be useful here . Thanks

The project failed to compile with this version of the engine. Build output is as follows:

Running C:/Program Files/Unreal Engine4/4.4/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe QUBE Development Win64 -project=“C:/Users//Documents/Unreal Projects/QUBE_Rocket_Development 4.4/QUBE.uproject” -rocket -editorrecompile -progress
Parsing headers for QUBEEditor
Reflection code generation finished for QUBEEditor and took 8.59
Performing 11 actions (max 4 parallel jobs)
[3/11] rc.exe ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
[4/11] rc.exe PCLaunch.rc
PCH.QUBE.QUBE.h.cpp
PCH.QUBELoadingScreen.QUBELoadingScreen.h.cpp
[5/11] rc.exe ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
[6/11] rc.exe QUBE.rc
QUBELoadingScreen.cpp
Module.QUBE.cpp
QUBE.generated.cpp
[10/11] link.exe UE4Editor-QUBELoadingScreen.dll
Creating library C:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\QUBE_Rocket_Development 4.4\Intermediate\Build\Win64\QUBEEditor\Development\UE4Editor-QUBELoadingScreen.lib and object C:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\QUBE_Rocket_Development 4.4\Intermediate\Build\Win64\QUBEEditor\Development\UE4Editor-QUBELoadingScreen.exp
C:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\QUBE_Rocket_Development 4.4\Source\QUBE\Private\Engine\QUBEHUD.cpp(7) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘SQUBEPauseMenu.h’: No such file or directory
-------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\QUBE_Rocket_Development 4.4\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-QUBE.dll
Cumulative action seconds (4 processors): 0.00 building projects, 146.05 compiling, 0.00 creating app bundles, 0.00 generating debug info, 3.40 linking, 0.00 other
UBT execution time: 110.30 seconds

Hi , does this produce any crash logs when it occurs? If so can you upload them here? Additionally, what steps are you following to convert the project? Are you on source or launcher?

Hi ,

I have tried with the engine launcher and with out and got similar results .

**Via source

Copied Project files into new directory.

Switched Engine version and generated project files.

Tired to open and got this message “project modules are missing or out of date. Would you like to recompile them?”

Chose yes.

Got this message “Game code couldn’t be compiled . Continue trying to start anyway?”

Chose yes.

Got this message “The game module ‘QUBE’ does not appear to be up to date . This ,may happen after updating the engine . Please re compile this module and try again .”

The crash log can be found herewww.dropbox.com/s/i855ipn4o1v94h2/QUBE-Source.log?dl=0

Via the launcher

Opened 4.4.2

Chose the QUBE project .

Chose “open a copy”

Got this error the same error message as before . No saved logs

Thanks

Hi ,

Have you tried compiling the code in VS before attempting to open the project?

I tired recompiling with Visual by following the steps from this post .

I got to step 8 then when I try to build the solution I got these three error messages .

Error 1 error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘SQUBEPauseMenu.h’: No such file or directory C:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\QUBE_Rocket_Development 4.4\Source\QUBE\Private\Engine\QUBEHUD.cpp 7 1 QUBE

Error 2 error : Failed to produce item: C:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\QUBE_Rocket_Development 4.4\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-QUBE.dll C:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\QUBE_Rocket_Development 4.4\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR QUBE

Error 3 error MSB3073: The command ““C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine4\4.4\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” QUBEEditor Win64 Development “C:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\QUBE_Rocket_Development 4.4\QUBE.uproject” -rocket” exited with code -1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 38 5 QUBE

If I try to open the project in editor I will get the same error messages.

Does anyone know if these are the correct steps to follow or is it different for 4.4?

Hey -

I am working alongside to try and solve this problem. Which version of the engine were you working on before attempting to update to 4.4?

OK thanks , before this I was using 4.2.1

Do you mean create a new project using the templates provided by Epic or using our own project files?

Hey -

Does this happen if you create a new project and then try to convert it?

Using any of the templates provided would work.

Hi ,

I updated the engine to 4.4.3 . I then created a project in 4.2.1 using the FPS code template . I then converted it to run on 4.4.3 and it works fine .

I then tried it with our own project to see if updating to 4.4.3 makes a difference , but I got the same error message as before .

It’s possible that there could be a level that has been corrupted in some way. In the folder where your project is located, go into the Content folder and pull out the entire Maps folder (you can move it to the desktop during this process so you don’t lose them). Then try updating the project again.

Hi ,

I tired deleting the Maps folder before converting the project and received the same error . I then tried deleting the content folder as well and still got the same error .

Hey -

When you built the engine from source did you configure the directory as an Unreal Engine installation? To do this you can go into the folder where the source code is and then go into Engine->Binaries->Win64 and scroll to the bottom of the folder to “UnrealVersionSelector.” Here is a link that walks through the entire process of getting source code from Github with the necessary steps near the bottom of the page.

Once it has been done the other thing to check would be to right click the .uproject file for the project and select the “Switch Unreal Engine version” and choose the engine version you’d like to work in.

Cheers

Hi ,

I think there has been a bit of confusion . I have only ever installed UE4 via the Unreal Engine Launcher . It was my mistake when I said that I tried via source in a previous post .

I have looked for the “UnrealVersionSelector” , but can not find it . Does it show if you install via the Unreal Engine Launcher ? And should I be looking in the 4.2. or 4.4 folder?

Thanks

Hey -

In that case you don’t need to worry about the UnrealVersionSelector, that is a file that exists if you build the engine from source. You say that your colleague was able to convert the project without this problem. The simplest solution may be to completely delete the project from your computer and get a copy of the 4.4 version on their computer. That being said it may be worth getting a copy of your colleague’s 4.2 version of the project and then convert that on your machine just as a test of the project version you have.

Cheers

All of the project files are saved on the SVN and I have tried creating a new project using files from the SVN with no success . This is the method we have used before when updating the engine and it usually works .

Can you think of any other reasons that it may not be working?

Is it possible to get a file of the project from your colleague? Either on a flash drive or by email / google drive or some other source?

Hi ,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you

I am still unable to update to 4.4 . I have tried the steps mentioned on both my work and my laptop and I always get the same error message .