Problems trying to build for Oculus Quest

Hello,
I have a VR project ready for HTC Vive, (PC) and I was trying to export the project for Oculus Quest, but I am having trouble with the packaging.
When the proccess is about to end, I get a compile error:

ERROR: Missing precompiled manifest for ‘SteamVR’. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set ‘PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;’

I am not so sure what to do about this. I checked on google but I couldn’t find any answers.
Any help will be appreciated.

On the other hand, Is there a guide or some tips for this proccess (Convert PC Unreal Project C++ to Oculus Quest)? The project wasn’t intended for oculus quest from the beginning but I want to give it a try withouth start the project from the scratch (it’s on Steam already)

Thanks in advance any help will be appreciate

Have you got Android in the Supported Hardware, Target Hardware as Mobile/Scalable and ‘Configure Manifest for Deployment to Oculus’ selected? Those’d be the frirst things to check.

Hi, Yes thanks for answer
Yes I did that, but no luck

I have the same bug i can launch the project to the Oculus Quest but i cannot package APK (4.23.1 engine version). I get all times UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): ERROR: Missing precompiled manifest for ‘SteamVR’. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set ‘PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;’ in SteamVR.build.cs to override.

FIXED
You need to **disable **“Blueprint nativization method” in the project settings. For me, it’s helped.

Mb it’s not the best way to not use nativization but now it works.

I was able to build successfully after this same exact error by:

1. Disabling the Steam VR plugin
  2. Bypassing Room Scale Setup for SteamVR in BP_MotionController, in the SetupRoomScaleOutline function.

I was able to build the APK for Quest after this. Hope this helps!

I see a few answers here that didn’t work for me as I didn’t want to exclude the Steam VR plugin from my project.
The following thing fixed the issue for me:

If you add “Android” as a Supported target platform in the SteamVR.uplugin file the error will no longer occur, and you will be able to build your project to both Oculus Quest as PC for Steam VR.

SteamVR_UPlugin.png

are you using the source build? and recompiled for that to work because I did that and its getting the same error as above.

No, I do it within the Release engine version. And I don’t rebuild the plugin.
In the following file: (also works for 4.24, and 4.25 as far as I tested it)
Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Steam\SteamVR\SteamVR.uplugin