Problems switching between ARSession and non-AR session

So I have an app in Unreal where I have essentially two game modes. One game mode the user is in a non-AR state moving around the scene with their finger. The other game mode simply places an object onto a plane in an ARSession. The problem occurs when I go from the AR mode to the non-AR mode.

Essentially, when returning to the non-AR mode the camera is off somehow by a pretty noticeable amount. However, I don’t know why it is even being affected considering it is using a different pawn/player controller and different game mode as well as level.
It is almost as if the camera changes position, rotation, zoom, and FOV and possible even more. I’ve tried resetting the camera but, that doesn’t seem to fix anything. I’ve also tried resetting the alignment transform before stopping the ARSession and that doesn’t seem to do anything either.

Has anyone ran into this problem before or know how to fix it? It seems like the scale, position, and rotation axis of the world changed completely. Is there a way to reset this?

AR is implemented with the “lock to hmd” option in the camera. Disabling this option in the non-AR pawn fixed the problem for me.

oh great, it works for me!
I have try a hundred options until I found your solution. Thanks