Problems after updating to 5.1 (World Partition, Data Layers, Sequencer animations, Movie Render Queue, etc.)

Hi everyone,

I work mainly in Sequencer and I encountered several very strange issues after migrating our project to 5.1.

I use actors in different DataLayers and in the sequence I’m setting visibility of each layer.

First I got this message after opening a map:

Some data within DataLayers is deprecated. Run DataLayerToAssetCommandlet to create DataLayerInstances and DataLayer Assets for this level.

I searched the forum and found this solution. I run this commandlet:

UnrealEditor.exe project.uproject -run=DataLayerToAssetCommandlet level_name -DestinationFolder=/Game/DataLayers

Commandlet went with some minor warnings. After reopening the project, the warning about deprecated DataLayers disappeared. But I encountered other misbehavior - all objects were static, only camera was following the keyframes in the Sequencer.

I found another solution for this problem, - unchecking the setting “Is spatially loaded” for each actor with animation, but it solved the issue only partially (some object were moving, others were still static for no apparent reason).

So by trial and error I found a solution - when I removed actors from their DataLayer , then the actors behaved as they should according to the keyframes in the sequence. I removed all actors from the old/converted DataLayers and assigned them to the newly created DataLayers/Assets. I had to set again all DataLayer tracks for Activated and Unloaded Layers.

In editor the sequence is completely OK, all DataLayers are loaded correctly according to their initial state and sequence state. But when I try to render the sequence using Movie Render Queue, all DataLayers completely ignore their initial state and sequence state and are always loaded. Even when I set all DataLayers to be invisible and unloaded, they are in the final render.

I didn’t manage to find any solution for that and animating visibility for each actor would be veeeery time consuming. I found only this Tech Note: World Partition Spatially Loaded Actors are Always Loaded, but I don’t understand how I can fix it.

Are you able to help me?