Problem with physics constraints in VR

So, I have a physics constraint set up. It is attached parented to a mesh that’s parented to my VR motion controller.

333464-bp-02.jpg

This seems pretty standard from what I’ve seen. Now, on EventBeginPlay I have the following code running:

So here’s the crux of the problem: When I parent objects to my hand mesh, everything seems to be off by an arbitrary amount of units on the Z axis. Around 44.85 units to be exact. I know this is something to do with the physics constraint because turning off the physics immediately fixes the issue.

I have narrowed it down even further. If I turn on simulate physics for the hand mesh and don’t use the Set Simulate Physics node, there’s no issue!

Here’s a screenshot of the game in action. The blue cube represents where my controller is and the yellow cube represents the offset of anything parented to the hand mesh. The printed numbers are the distance between the two cubes.

Even when with linear and angular limits locked, this still happens. Please let me know if you have any clue as to why. Thanks in advance.

Did you ever get an answer for this?

I have something similar, it also seems to tilt my model slightly too!

This is a known engine bug I believe, there are issues with inverse scaled meshes and their physics bodies.

Appears fixed from either 5.0 or 5.1. Just in case you never got a workaround.