Problem with packaging of a localized plugin

Hi, I’ve a problem with packaging a localized plugin. I have a engine plugin that is localized with all the data in /Engine/Plugins/MyPlugin/Content/Localization/ and when I use assets from it in my game everything work in Standalone mode but when I package the game, the texts are no longer localized. (Text from Game Content works well) After more investigation I found out that in the packaged build, the Localization folder is missing from my plugin content folder.

I’ve search online and the only post I found with I think has the same problem is an unanswerd one from 2021

Do somebody know if there is something I don’t know about packaging localization from plugins or if there is a way to force the packaging of an engine plugin folder ?

After some research, I’ve found out that in order to force the packaging of a folder in a plugin you can just add this line in the Plugin .Build.cs file :

RuntimeDependencies.Add(Path.Combine(PluginDirectory, "Content/Localization/..."), StagedFileType.UFS);

More info about Runtime Dependencies :

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.