Problem w/ Linux Dedicated Server Fleets On AWS Gamelift

Hi there. I know I am using a specific tech stack that not many devs are familiar with, but I am getting desperate to find someone who can help me.

I am trying to release a multiplayer game I have made, but I need to host the servers (via AWS) on Linux to make the cost realistic/ reasonable.

I am also using a plugin, AWS with blueprints to save time writing the matchmaking logic (The plugin allows you to spin up and join games via BP’s).

My logic as it is, works perfectly when hosting a Gamelift fleet on Windows. However, when I cross-compile and upload a Linux server build to AWS and create a fleet from it, it activates just fine, but crashes when I try to create a game session. The “Create Game Session” initially succeeds but immediately goes into an error status. When I run the Linux server locally via WSL, the server seems to start up just fine. It only crashes when uploaded to AWS.

Not long after the game session gets created and errors out, the entire instance seemingly crashes, showing 0 active instances in the Gamelift portal. That means I CANNOT retrieve the logs via CLI because it requires a valid gamelift instance to get them. I am not getting any errors thrown to the client trying to spin up the session. The create game session function is seemingly succeeding and then immediately error-ing out.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I’ve been trying for weeks to get this to work. I have uploaded 65 builds to AWS using different cross-compile techniques and matchmaking logic but all of them result in pretty much the same thing.

How did this turn out, DKBuzzin?