Problem Visual Studio Code unreal + ubuntu

Hi there,
I compiled Unreal 26.1 on my new Ubuntu 20.04 installed test machine .
I have changed the “source code” editor parameter to Visual Studio Code option.

So far i`m fail to compile simple c++ actor modification and the errors are not too clear for me …
Any tips,links or guides to to develop in unreal with c++ on Ubuntu will be great !

Updates:

1. I installed .NET using Snap

2. Had to run this line “sudo ln -s /snap/dotnet-sdk/current/dotnet /usr/local/bin/dotnet”
    in the terminal as offered here.

3. currently still cant compile getting this lines :

include errors detected. Consider updating your compile_commands.json or includePath. Squiggles are disabled for this translation unit (/home/barakooda/Documents/Unreal Projects/test1/Source/test1/MyActor.cpp).

cannot open source file “intrin.h” (dependency of “/home/barakooda/Unreal/UnrealEngine/Engine/Intermediate/Build/Linux/B4D820EA/UE4Editor/Development/Engine/SharedPCH.Engine.ShadowErrors.h”)

spec : 32 gb Ram Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz NVIDIA Corporation GP104BM [GeForce GTX 1070 Mobile] Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS 64-bit Gnome 3.36.8 X11

I wouldn’t use Visual Studio as an IDE on Linux… I think you should look into something like KDevelop or QtCreator. However, you can also set the Source Code Accessor to Null and use the make command to compile your projects/engine and use a text editor such as Vim to edit the code. (which is what I do)

How did you generate your vscode workspace?

Consider something like

~/UnrealEngine/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Linux/GenerateProjectFiles.sh ~/path/to/your/project.uproject -game -engine -server -rocket -progress -VSCode

That might help with the “squiggles”.

I’m not sure about the ‘intrin.h’ problem; I’ve not seen that before.

I think he’s talking about VSCode, not Visual Studio. I’ve used VSCode on Linux for a couple of years as my primary IDE and it’s worked quite nicely for me, especially since I use so many languages simultaneously within the same workspace.