Problem: UE4.3 Crashes when "lassoing" a speedtree model.

Hey Guys,

i try to paint a landscape with Speedtree Models, which works pretty good. But when selecting lasso and marking a mesh it crashes the Graphicscard and therfor the Engine. Anyone having the same issues with a gtx 680 and win7?

Is there any advice out there?

Thank you in advance!

Update: If i have an empty level and only 1 tree painted by foliage painting tool, it will be selected by the lasso. If there is a second tree the Engine drops to 10 fps and does not select it. With 3 trees painted, the engine and graphics card driver crashes immediately.

May want to post this in the feedback for epic subsection and on the answer hub as well.

Yeah, post this at AnswerHub please.

Its in there but no answers so far :frowning:

You might want to include some more information.
I haven’t had any problems with speedtrees yet. What kind of polycount does your trees have?

Hi Hazzardous1984,

Can you post the link to the AnswerHub question here as well. This would be helpful for anyone who may want to contribute an answer.

Thank you!

Tim

questions/68840/landscape-paintinglasso-crashes-ue-with-speedtree.html He posted it there.

Thanks! I’ve assigned myself to the issue. I’ll take a look at it in a bit and see if I can get the same crash.

Are you using the 1 tree model that is included at the moment with the engine or others? If it’s others can you send me a private message with a link to use the one tree for testing. I’m not sure if it’s something you would want to post here.

If it’s anything that’s freely available to download somewhere or included with the engine let me where to download or which model you’re using. This will allow me to replicate the issue as closely as possible.

Thank you.

Tim

I’m also experience very slow performance when using the vegetation selection tools with SpeedTree models

Here’s the link to the post on the AnswerHub again.

I’ve submitted a bug report for this to be addressed. I do not have a time frame for the fix with this but as I get information I will make sure to update the AnswerHub post.

Thank you!

Tim