Problem rotating in Your First Game UE5 Tutorial

This is a top down game where the player moves towards the mouse cursor. I enabled Orient Rotation to Movement and set the Spring Arm’s roation to world. The character rotates in the direction of the cursor (good!). But when I release the LMB, the character pops back into the original oriention (not good). Another issue is that now the spring arm/ camera suddenly are facing not from the back but from the front so I needed to compensate by rotating the z-axis of the spring arm by 180 degrees (not ideal). The popping back is the real problem. Any help?

12 Likes

I also encountered a few problems with this tutorial, here is a solution that helped me.

I don’t know why the author of the lesson didn’t show it to us

7 Likes

Wow! You saved me! Thank you!

Thank you. Work here!!!

Hi,

Yeah it slipped through the Authors (my) attention that I switched the flag in the class and didn’t record that part. Super sorry. I extended the article here on the hub and added also a zip file with the assets to the Stack-O-Bot project for this tutorial yesterday.

-Andi

8 Likes

Thank you for letting me know. It is a great tutorial!

When you have issues with the rotation of your character:

Open the BP_Bot Blueprint and in the details panel of the root component search for “Use controller Rotation Yaw” and turn it to false.

4 Likes

Thank you. It really does work!

1 Like