Problem rendering physics simulated objects

Hi! Having trouble rendering physics simulated objects from Sequencer. When playing the scene, it simulates as it should. But as soon as I render it with Movie Render Queue the objects behave very strangely, shaking and have ghosting around them etc…

I tried rendering with/without Path tracing, tried turning off Anti aliasing, turning off Motion Blur, tried recording a take, but to no avail…

Any suggestions?

Hey there @RBTheO! I’ve seen some oddities with Movie Render Queue and physics before. This was about something slightly different, however it’d be worth giving it a shot in your case! Back your project up and give this a quick try!

Let me know if it helps!

1 Like

Updated answer: thx for the advice! You settings helped me with the ghosting effect from objects!

The other problem I had with objects getting completely stuck or moving slower in air when rendered, I realized was caused by the objects having transform nodes. Just needed to be deleted. So problems solved!

1 Like

Thank you Bro!!It really helps a lot.

1 Like

hi there!
Thanks, I saw something change, and it helps, but not every time.
I’m working on this problem Breast / boob / Jiggle physics out of control and fly everywhere - #3 by Lieven.V
Do you see something there that can help me?

Where have you found the numbers 0.016667
and 0.116667?
Is that a result of a calculation?
My project is in 25fps for example…

Hey there @Lieven.V! I can’t speak to how the user ended up with the settings, but it seems as though it increases stability, however doesn’t guarantee it. It seems this only mitigates the problem when using RTX both software and hardware.

yes, indeed…
meanwhile, I’ve found this explanation:

but that doesn’t explain the "0.019231 " value…
anyway, as you said, this mitigates the problem, and doesn’t solve it in my case… the physics go crazy everywhere… and it looks like every time I hit render it’s unpredictable where the physics will fly…

Does this still apply when all forms of raytracing are disabled? I believe it’s tied to a possible regression of a previous bug.

unfortunately, for me, the same problems keep on occurring with or without raytracing…

So, because I thought it had something to do with the framerates,
I started a whole new project and reimported my mocap (first 2 clips). they were recorded at 125fps
Afterward, I retargeted and imported 2 Mixamo clips at 30fps (the last 3 clips).
I’ve put the sequencer to 30fps, instead of the European 25fps. I thought I could check out your numbers a bit better that way.
And did a render with, and without the changed project settings as proposed in this thread.
Unfortunately, both renders behave a bit differently, but the change isn’t incredible…

here you can see a comparison video I’ve made:

maybe my solution isn’t here…

I spawn the metahumans several times, as the problem in my other project occurs when spawning a metahuman and the breasts are flying everywhere continuously (in some shots, not all the time), see the link above…
unfortunately spawning them and having them immediately animating is necessary some times…