Problem: Planet and stars sphere disappear

Hello everyone,

since the release of the unreal engine 5 I am once again dealing with it. However, I now have a problem and unfortunately do not know what it is. Here I have an example video to show you the problem: https://youtu.be/mWly9vGA-EI

When I move the camera a bit away from the planet, everything disappear except the atmospheric sphere.

I hope that someone can help me.

Best regards from Germany

1 Like

Usually that kind of disappearing is a bounds issue on that static meshes. Try increasing the bounds by 1000x and see if it still happens the same way. Bounds are a quick way for the engine to tell if something if off screen, and then cull it/make it disappear. Which can happen too early if materials are changing the sizes of meshes.

1 Like

I just tested it. In the static mesh, I set the positive and negative bounds extensions first to 1000 and then to 100000. Unfortunately, neither of these had any effect. the spheres still disappear. The default value for me was 0.

1 Like

Is World Partition turned off? That can make this happen…

1 Like

Yes, it is turned off in my project

1 Like

I found the solution! In World Settings, go to the search bar and type Enable Large Worlds and there you have it!

1 Like

OMG finally :star_struck:

thank you a thousand times!!!

1 Like