Hi
I hope this is the right place for this, but if not, feel free to move it. I’m currently having issues opening up an environment I have. I was looking at this thread and tried opening it with the version it was made under - 5.3. It’s lacking the .uproject file, so it can’t be opened via normal means. I’ve tried creating a new project and importing everything, but you can’t drag and drop the folders and importing expects specific file names and extensions. So I tried creating a scene and then copying and pasting the folders and assets into the Contents folder. The problem now though, is the maps are empty. Almost as though directories are broken or something. I’ve also tried migrating everything from 5.3 to 5.7, but the same thing happens.
Is there a workaround for this? Or is it just unusable without the necessary files and .uproject?
Thanks
if assets in new projects are not visible in content browser after you copied them from other project then they have been created probably in newer version.older assets should be visible in newer version of ue but not other way round. try latest ue you have installed create empty project copy content folder and see if assets show in content browser
Oh no, the assets appear in the content browser fine, they just don’t appear in the scene that’s been put together.
thats good then could be few issues either with level or bp actors try to go to Build and near bottom validate level see if any issues are found also could try to validate assets in right click menu when on Content folder, is anything listing in level Outliner ? hard to tell but try these
I don’t see an option to validate. I did do a Map Check though and that was saying something about things having NULL…?
Yep, things are in the Outliner, too:
And I also tried a Validate Assets in Folder on the Content folder.