Problem on my map with lags

Please select what you are reporting on:

Creative

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Stability

Summary

Problem on my map with lags and cuts. After playing on my map for a long time (40+ minutes), the ping of all players starts to jump up to 100+ and there are very long delays. These are not internet problems. Anyone know what this is about and how to fix it?

Steps to Reproduce

Fix the stability of the connection to the servers

Expected Result

Stable map without lags

Observed Result

Idk

Platform(s)

PC, XBOX, PS, NINTENDO, PHONE ITP

Island Code

4875-4424-3076

Just shootin in the dark, but have you got any device or verse setups that would accumulate a large amount of data after 40 mins ?

the only thing i have with verse so far is the rank system. Records the number of liquidations

Going over a map atm, wondering what is happening to the item drops if I don’t have an item drop despawn time set by a mutator, do they just accumulate all over the place clogging up memory (thats already close to 100% usage), or do they start to despawn after say 256 items are dropped, I wonder if this has any influence ???

so what do you think I should do?

If that would be an issue, then maybe mutator zone/s over your play area that doesn’t affect anything other than giving pickups a lifespan between 0 & 30 seconds.

Theres also the player build system, which caps out after x number of builds, but maxed out builds + items laying around + accumulated data from device interaction, could all be adding up. Hopefully keeping the items count down will give enough breathing room for better performance.

I can’t think of anything else that could affect play after a time.

Do you think your verse code has any affect on this ?

1 Like

The problem existed before adding the verse code. Regarding what you wrote, I added a mutator zone, reduced the available memory as much as possible (86k) and some options in island settings. I’ll see if it helps and let you know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I tested the map according to your instructions and it is better with extra time. Previously, after 40 minutes, the entire game would drag on for everyone, now there were half-second cuts, one cut every 5 minutes. Then there was one cut for 2 minutes, a minute and finally it started to lag like before. Something helped, I don’t know if it was the mutator or reducing the map memory. However, I came up with one more idea. What if we added a round system to the map, where one round would last 40-50 minutes and then a new one would start? Does adding rounds remove any map data that could cause lag to disappear?

1 Like

Also regarding the time after which the delays began. This happened after 50-60 minutes of playing in a 10-player lobby, while we joined two friends who had been there for 30 minutes earlier. So 60 + 30 = 1.5 hours, but there were only two of them there

1 Like

I added rounds. One round lasts 30 minutes. For 1.5 hours 0 problems with 10 players. I hope the problem has been resolved. Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good work, I hope your solution has solved the problem, thanks for keeping us updated in detail.

I’m gonna have to watch out, was planning on making a long single round game, thanks for highlighting this issue.

1 Like