Preview - endless light flickering

Even emissive that exceeds human body size, I still get flickering.
seriously, I’m worried about the official version so much.

Emissive surfaces are not meant as a replacement for lights.
I believe they would suggest to have a light in that sphere and then lower the emissive to only be a visual addition to the surface.

1 Like

well, I am glad for your reply but I understand everything you have to say, including that RayTracing doesn’t support emissive surface, which is the tradition of UE engine.

what I want to say is, since SSGI has evolved to LUMEN, why can’t have the stable and available luminous function same as offline renderer? do we really need to put lights around emissive surface in 2022? Although I have reported in many posts.

I also have terrible light flickering. I was using emissive lights and first and then, yes, started using Reclights around my object. Even still, the light spill reflecting on other surfaces flickers incessantly and I cannot get rid of it. It’s really ruined quite a few of my shots and they are subpar, but have to be completed, even if with flickers. If anyone has a solution I’d love to have it. Strangely there is ZERO flickering in the viewport. Viewport is perfect. But when I render, flickering is there like a bad headache that won’t go away and that you can run away from.