Download

Precompute Visibility

I’m trying to add Visibility Volumes to my level and have a couple of questions:

Firstly, when I try to Precompute Visibility I get an error saying that Precompute Visibility is currently disabled. Where do I enable it? I can’t find the option anywhere in the Project Settings, or any reference to it in online documentation.

Secondly, I’m making a title where the player and the AI can go to all the same places, so marking the level out with Visibility Volumes feels like a waste of time when the Nav Mesh exists. Would it be sensible / possible to add a tick box to Nav Meshes to allow them to be used for Precompute Visibility tests alongside Visibility volumes?

Hey Jimmy,

To turn on Precompute Visibility click on the Settings toolbar button and open up World Settings, you will see the following options just below the Lightmass section:
Visibility.PNG

The second part I am not sure what the best way would be, or if that is possible currently… Hopefully someone else with more info can chime in on that part for you. :slight_smile:

How do i get rid of the red text in my view NO PRECOMPUTED VISIBILITY?

you build the lighting and everything.