Precompiled OSVR Plugins and Tutorials

Could you provide more information on what Core SDK version you are using and what the exact steps were you took?

Sensics updated the plugin again so I recompiled it again and updated the link. The new file name is ‘OSVR-Test-Project-Update-2,’ enjoy :smiley:

Hi everyone !
I have OSVR working perfectly fine with a blank scene I’m doing and in this blank scene I’ve put my content (another level downloaded from evermotion) and I start on this new map. Everything works fine except when I launch my shipping packaged on OSVR it seems like the two eyes are inverted (which is horrible to watch).
Do you guys have any idea why it could go this wrong?

Thanks in advance et thanks a lot for your good work !
Denis

I’ve been having this same problem and I’m not too sure what would be causing it. I’m still looking into it though so I’ll let you know as soon as I have something figured out. Till then I’d definitely report the issue to Sensics/Razer so they are aware of it as well which you can do here by reporting it as an ‘Issue’: GitHub - OSVR/OSVR-Unreal: OSVR plugin for Unreal Engine

After trying many things I think I’ve found what’s causing this I just disabled the post process in the scene and it works. i still don’t know what in the post process is making this happen because when I just create on input another post process of mine (just desaturating) in game, it work.

Hi !

I get back to you with another question and I can’t find the answer my OSVR is working on my computer but today I’ve tried it on another computer and there OSVR is detected as a third screen (on my computer it’s not at all) and because of that I cant’ launch an exe which is working on my main computer :frowning:
I’ve tried the file in the render manager called EnabledDirectMod but it’s not working.

I have these issues from time to time which is nothing serious, its just Windows loses focus like it could do with monitors and TVs. There is two things you can do to do correct this issue; can either unplug the power from the breakaway box that connects all the cables together or if that doesn’t work then unplugging the HDMI and USB cables from the computer itself, restarting the machine and plugging everything back in should make everything work and let the HMD be detected as a third monitor again.

Sorry I wasn’t very clear. I want it not to be detected as third monitor but only in direct mode like on my computer and my .exe only works in direct mode :cry:

There is a few things I can think of:

1. You don’t have all the appropriate software installed such as the drivers and render manager.

2. You need to have a copy of the OSVR Core SDK on that computer and you MUST run the ‘add_sdk_to_registry’ batch file that is in the bin folder of the SDK. This tells the computer where to look for the SDK which will ultimately affect how the OSVR behaves.

3. The required GPU for direct rendering with OSVR is an Nvidia GTX 970 or better and if you use anything lower than that then direct rendering will not work. This is because the OSVR uses Nvidia’s Gameworks VR software which according to Nvidia will only working with 970’s or better so this is not a OSVR limitation. AMD GPU direct rendering I believe is supported (I think…) but not as heavily as Nvidia. If this computer has a GPU older than a 970 or is using an AMD GPU then chances are it’s the GPU causing the issue.

Thanks for your fast answer BananaKing !
I have done everything you said and the graphic card is a GTX 970.
Will check et re install all the drivers when I will reinstall windows as it still doesn’t work.
I will keep you updated !

Thanks again

Just updated the download link with the newest version of the plugin. Update-3 (my own versioning system) now includes the code Sensics added for android support.

OSVR Unreal Engine 4 Plugin GitHub: GitHub - OSVR/OSVR-Unreal: OSVR plugin for Unreal Engine
***OSVR Dev Blog: ***http://www.osvr.org/blog/

I made rollercoaster app with a plugin for the Rift and uploaded.
I couldn’t do this w/o compiled plugin. Thanks!

Packaged https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-J3_rta5aXtbjhORjUtUVdEVjg/view
Editable files (UE4.10) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-J3_rta5aXtbzFyVEU4d0VoSXM/view

Captured video [3D SBS] OSVR Vomit Coaster (free app for OSVR is available) - YouTube

Hi that looks great! Do you know if the plugin works with the 4.11?

Hello,

Would a packaged standalone app work with this plugin ?
I have a VRPN plugin and it works fine in editor, however doesn’t work in packaged version.
Would OSVR plugin have same issue (which I assume is an Unreal problem, not plugins?)

Thanks
M

Hey there! Any news on the progress for 4.11?

Cheers, keep up the great work!

Works great for 4.10…
Please let us know when it will be available for 4.11!

Thanks.

hey! great work you are doing!!

i have a problem, every time i try to play in editor with vr the editor crashes, but when i play in PIE works fine and the OSVR its ok.

here is the crash

BananaKing fantastic job!

Hello SFR75! You could compile using C ++ or Bluprints?

You could share the way you did or some source.

Thank you very much!

How to add a dummy C++ game module? Thank you.
Integrating the plugin from source with an existing project. The existing project is Showdown VR Demo. It is a pure Blueprint project.

The current recommended way to integrate the OSVR Unreal plugin with an existing project is directly from source.
NOTE: if your project is a pure Blueprint project, you may need to add a dummy C++ game module to your project to get Unreal to generate a Visual Studio project for you. Otherwise it may complain about there not being any code to compile (having local plugins isn’t enough).

"NOTE: if your project is a pure Blueprint project, you may need to add a dummy C++ game module to your project to get Unreal to generate a Visual Studio project for you. " This sentence is from GitHub - OSVR/OSVR-Unreal: OSVR plugin for Unreal Engine. Showdown VR Demo is a pure blueprint. In UE4.13 “add an empty class in the editor” can be interpreted as “add a dummy C++ game module”, is it true? Thank you.