PostprocessInput0 Filtering does not work

I’m sampling PostprocessInput0 texture in the custom node like this

float3 result = Texture2DSample(PostprocessInput0, PostprocessInput0Sampler, uv).rgb;

uv is distorted to achieve some special effect. But PostprocessInput0Sampler is always Point, even if I check “Filtered” in the graph. This gives pixelated output.

To overcome this I created separate 1x1 texture and set its filtering to Bi-linear in the texture editor. Then in the Custom node I sample PostprocessInput0 like this

float3 result = Texture2DSample(PostprocessInput0, Material.Texture2D_0Sampler, uv).rgb;

where Material.Texture2D_0Sampler corresponds to the 1x1 texture above. This way I get correct bilinear filtering on scene texture.

Please fix this.

Version:
UE 4.7.2 from the installer.

Hey -

Could you post the class files (header and source) where you are declaring/using the two lines of code posted above? If there are references to other custom code classes then we may need an entire sample project to help determine what is causing problems. Since an entire project would be too large of a file you could upload the project to dropbox and then send me a private message on the forums with a link.

Cheers

Hi ,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you.

Found the answer myself:

in order to sample with bilinear filtration you need to use BilinearTextureSampler0 sampler in the code, e.g.

Texture2DSample(PostprocessInput0, BilinearTextureSampler0, uv)