PostProcess effect to affect custom objects

UE 5.1

I have created a pixelated effect that I have applied to a post process volume, and through a CustomDepth mask I have tried to isolated this to a single object that has a CustomDepth.

I get my cube pixelated, but the rest of the environment remains black. And I can’t figure out how to mask it.

I’d like to achieve a non pixelated world and just one object pixelated.

update: FIGURED IT OUT

For reference, if someone wonders how to do it or want to use more than one effect on one type of actors :
In your project preferences, activate the custom Depth-Stencil Pass (Enable with Stencil choice) then attribute the one you want to your object in Custom Depth Stencil Value. In the post-process, compare the CustomStencil value. If it’s the right one, send your effect, else the regular post-process.

I adapted this tuut

and got this

Thanks for your reply! I had managed to figure it out, but your example fixed another issue for me - switched the Lerp B → A and it fixed another issue for me.

1 Like

Anyone got any idea how to define the pixelation effect not according to screenresolution/the distance to the camera, but fixed in place ?

Just replace this

with a constant.

Thanks dude for all your help!

This last step didn’t work, tried the constant in all ways, but no luck.

pix

Is there a way to make pixelization of all edges of object the same?
During using Ceil function left side of object is less pixelizated than right, in the other hand if we use Floor function then effect is opposite and left side of object is more pixelizated than right.

Post process is a pixel level operation, it doesn’t understand about objects :blush: