post processing volume making things look blurry

When I look at my scene with “unlit” mode in the viewport, all looks nice and sharp.
But when I switch to “lit”, everything starts looking blurry as you can see in the image below, even if chromatic aberration is turned off in the post processing volume.
Any ideas how can make things look nice and sharp just like the “unlit” mode?

Dont use chromatic aberration or DOF

Is screen percentage in the post process lower or higher than 100%?

Yes 100%.
I just noticed that the camera is inside of a post-processing volume, and it seems that the bloom of this volume is also affecting the camera, is that normal?
(note that none of the other attributes of the post processing volume is affecting it, not even exposure or vignetting).

and why is convulsion bloom making the build fine detail look blurry?

Probably worth pointing out that your “nice and sharp” screenshot has no antialiasing at all. My guess would be that the blur is caused by temporal AA.

Is temporal aa enabled in the project settings? It’s possible “Unlit” mode doesn’t render TAA, but I don’t know if it’s only a lack of TAA. In Lit mode, it looks much lighter, and could be blurring it based on the Atmospheric Fog / SkyAtmosphere, and likely a result of lightmap resolution is too low. There’s also distance field shadowing, which can cause blurring.

Yes temporal anti aliasing is activated, better results with msaa.
Not sure how lightmap resolution and atmosphere will blur the albedo texture.
What is distance field shadowing and how can I check if that’s what causing the blur?

Lightmap resolution, if set too low, even at a moderate value (256 / 512, or 128 / 1024 perhaps)…can get blurred by the TAA. I’ve noticed it in a simple scene with a few basic cube meshes and walls / floor at a distance. Atmospheric Fog and SkyAtmosphere, which is being used in the scene, creates a scattering of light that, combined with TAA or lit materials, can result in blurring of edges. It depends on one or more of the material settings, A-Fog / Sky-A settings, Exposure settings in the post process volume, and mesh settings for LODs / lightmap resolution. Materials have LOD settings and meshes have LOD settings (level of detail if weren’t aware), and if they’re set to 0 the default, then the highest level mipmap is utilized at various view distances. But if the LOD settings are set to use other levels (1-5 or so), then the higher levels used at longer view distances are using lower mipmaps (versions of the render at preset resolutions). TAA is combined with LOD functionality to approximate to non-jagged / aliased rendering. That is why I brought it up, yet not sure what the LOD settings are for the scene (probably default of 0, but could be different).

Distance Field Shadows have to be enabled in Project Settings > Rendering if they’re not yet (“Generaet Mesh Distance Fields”), though they can be enabled in a project at its start without the user knowing it (as I’ve encountered). The distance field mesh that’s generated for meshes in a scene is a rough version of the actual mesh its covering and providing shadowing data for, so if it’s too rough / low resolution it would be not shadowing the entirety of the mesh properly. And we’re talking about self-shadowing too, not only the shadow cast by the object onto nearby surfaces aside from itself. The mesh distance field resolution can be increased in the mesh-editor Build settings, but it starts becoming expensive the higher it is for huge meshes. There’s also a Global Distance Field (with Mesh Distance Field Generation enabled) that is an even more rough approximation of a mesh for shadowing the entire scene. Those could be checked in a Visualization mode that’s accessible under Show. But other things have to be turned off to correctly visualize the mesh distance field representation of the scene / meshes. It’s for Distance Field Ambient Occlusion too. However, distance fields are a dynamic lighting feature, so I don’t know if it’s affecting the scene if it’s all static lighting.

Mesh Distance Fields

Mesh Distance Fields Settings Reference

Distance Field Ambient Occlusion (showing how to visualize DFAO and the Global Distance Field)