Download

Post Process exterior visualization

Hi everyone! as you can see in teh title I am trying to visualize a localized PP. I followed this tut link but what I wanted to visualise is the SceneTexture:SceneColor instead of a Gbuffer but I encountered this issue that I think I am missing something.

[SM5] SceneTexture expressions cannot use post process inputs or scene color in non post process domain materials
And when I change the material domain to PP it told me that I cannot use SceneColor expression, only in Surface mateeial Domains.
I would be really grateful if you know the answer to this error or in other case, If you have another idea of how to achieve what I am trying to do, Im all ears! Thank you for your time.

ToesK1

The error also tells what you should use instead of scene color… did you read the whole error?

No, it DOES NOT. Scene Color doesn’t work at all. In surface it tellsyou “[SM5] SceneTexture expressions cannot use post process inputs or scene color in non post process domain materials”. In PostProcess it says “Use PostProcessInput0”. So how do I get access to scene color in trnaslucent surface?

I found a solution. There is a separeted node called “SceneColor”, not “SceneTexture”. So this node works fine with translucent surface. It doesn’t makes sense, but it works

The error did say “use scene texture postprocessinput0” did it not?

• yes it did.
    You wrote it didn’t for whatever reason.

Since you never updated us…
Changing the sample to postropcrss input 0 did not work?