Post Process Effect stop working

@: I’ve opened the project, but I’m not able to locate the issue thus far. I’m still trying to track down the issue, but without being able to upgrade the project to 4.6 and see if I can get things to resolve. I know there were some code changes that need to be handled for code projects for the upgrade to function properly. I know you mentioned this did not work for you though.

Still investigating though. :confused:

Thanks for looking into it. I really appreciate it.

Hello and ! I am seeing the same issue - almost the same issue over here. Perforce project, some things work in PPV and some don’t - the one that doesn’t seem to be working for me is AO:

Checked in the effects cave example scene and it works there (and in other projects I have created). I also tried copying over a working PPV from another project but no effect.

Engine version 4.6.1

Did you discover anything that would help? This is pretty worrying because I have no idea what else might be broken that we just haven’t noticed yet :frowning:

Cheers for any info!

its the same issue. I had to create a blank new project then migrated all the assets and then check in with perforce to make it work.
Hope is able to figure out the issue.

Thanks,

Alright, some digging. I don’t think this was exactly related, we had added Intermediate and Saved folders to perforce at the beginning - and it seems some file somewhere was resetting the quality levels to for post-processing to low - or something, I don’t know what exactly was going on. Managed to resolve this by getting those out of perforce so individual user settings wouldn’t keep getting overwritten.
At least I think that was the problem, I am not 100%, something strange was definitely going on.

Its a different issue than compare to mine because when I moved my project out of perforce and deleted intermediate and Saved folders, it didn’t solve anything.

Hey ,

thanks for your upcoming help. Maybe it has nothing to do with the problem, but the error only occurs in our project after we started using Matinee. I’ve fixed the problem a few weeks ago by migrating all data in a blank new project. Now 3 weeks later it occurs again. We are also work with perforce, but deleting the saved and intermediate folders didnt help us out.

DxDiag:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13719013/DxDiag.txt

Hey,

i’ve got some more informations:

I have migrated our project into a complete new project. After that all post process effects begin to work again and we’ve started rendering our trailer. After finishing that (2 hours ago) i’ve switched to another map, on which we have placed all gameplay elements. Then suddenly the post-process effects stopped working again. :frowning:
I didn’t have tweaked any graphical or performance options, just switched the map.

Hey ,

I’ve still not been able to nail down a repro for this, but I have submitted the project along with a ticket for an engineer to take a look at. For your reference the ticket # is UE-9366.

I’ll update you with any information I have along the way.

If you have the time, you would be able to test migrating just the maps to a new project and switching between them to see if that can reproduce the issue for you? If that’s the case I would be very interested in a copy of this project to test as well without all the assets. I posted below submitting Shantarams project with UE-9366. I could always attach anything else to this ticket to help the engineer better look into the issue.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

snip

If anyone is using the GitHub - mitchemmc/UE4FirstPersonVRTemplate: A first person template for unreal engine 4 focused on VR and use with the Oculus Rift VR Template it is setting everything to low when you play the game. Probably completely unrelated to this issue? But maybe it helps someone!

Not related. This issue is the loss of post process all together. Engine scalability doesn’t have an effect here.

ok. Thanks for still looking into it.

I actually had this happen to me on one of my blank projects at home last night. I didn’t have time to look at it much yesterday when I found it, but I’ll be looking at it at home to see if I can get a repro. I’ve not been able to do it on my machine here, which can be frustrating. The issue has been assigned to an engineer to start looking into as well along with anything new I find I’ll keep updating. My project at home was in 4.6.1. No upgrading or opening copies. :confused:

Why some Postprocess might not show up:

• User changes showflags and the state was saved causing confusion. (Set showflags to default in editor UI)
  • Scalability settings are on low/med/high, not epic (Editor might auto apply if performance is low, look for UI)
  • Project settings can refine some default post procses like bloom check the (project settings)
  • Othographic=non perspective viewports can have a limited feature set
  • Editor might run in mobile emulation
  • PostProcess volume setting is wrong (look for Unbound, Enable, Weight, checkbox in front of the setting)
  • PostProcess volume priority supressed the settings (delete other volumes, use a larger the priority)
  • Blueprint overrides some settings
  • Camera override some post process settings (cameras can have settings and have priority)
  • SceneCapture can complicate things (e.g. captureing HDR will not show postprocess)
  • In Shipping/Test we compile out some shaders/features, some viewmodes or showflags might not show the expected results
  • Sometimes we rename feature properties, which can cause if not picking up the old values. If the meaning changes we don’t want to maintain the old value. This can cause confusion with Matinee. If that happens you should see a log printout/warning/error.

That should help to identify the issue - if this is still a bug we would like to know the details, please mention that you verified it’s not one of the points above.

My Post process just show a solid texture…even if i just put a texture in the material editor set up the post process like in the documentation, and hook up just the texture to the Emissive input it just shows solid. What am i doing wrong?

this happened to me as well. checked a few different threads with similar issues to this, and it turns out, if you enable mobile HDR, save your level, close project, delete intermediate and saved folders in the project directory, and restart project, post process is back working as intended. i’m not developing a mobile project, and have my ini’s set to desktop and maximum graphic settings (and epic scalability) so not sure why mobile hdr would effect this. this was in 4.12.2.

Thanks Paradoc!

This happened to me as well. I didn’t have to delete any folders though, but it required restarting the editor. I didn’t notice until I restarted the editor hours later when my post process randomly stopped working. There’s definitely issues with this option.

I like to help, I know this is an old post but, I have found that in Parent class Blueprints if there is things on the event tick, it will not work properly on the Child. So, in order to fix this, Make a function instead on the parent event tick and in the child event tick Call the Parent event tick funtion. Cheers!