Download

Possible to stream Youtube videos to Oculus Quest 2 headset?

Is it possible to stream Youtube videos to the Oculus Quest 2 headset and use like a video texture? This is possible with Unity, but I have not found a similar solution with UE4. Seems even loading mp4 videos in the Quest 2 is currently broken on UE4 still. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

You could try:
Utube - Youtube video player in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace (unrealengine.com)

I’ve confirmed the video and audio works on the Quest.

I’ve been trying to use it for an audio visualization using Niagara effects. I’ve gotten Niagara effects to react to the audio stream on Windows, but not on Quest though; still trying to figure out why that is the case; if you discover anything please let me know.

1 Like

Interesting. I am hoping to find a native solution without using a 3rd party plugin, but this may work as a last resort. Thank you for this info!

Correction to my above comment… mp4 videos work perfectly in Quest/Quest 2. For anyone who IS having trouble displaying mp4s, make sure to create a folder in UE4 editor called Movies under Content and use Windows Explorer to copy the mp4 into that directory. After that, ALSO copy the file inside UE4 Editor to Movies under Content folder. Doing this makes sure you are creating a reference to the one in Movies folder.