possible to merge or overlay these two materials?

So I have a “rain_flow_mat_inst” material that makes raindrops run down glass. I have a cop car asset with glass and cop light materials. You can see these in element 2 on the photos. I am trying to put the rain drop material on the cop car windows. I have done this in the past with other vehicles and only the glass windows get replaced by the rainy glass so it all looks good. However with this cop car asset, replacing the glass with the rainy windows also replaces the cop lights and ruins the look as there is no more red/blue lights and the headlight and taillight are gone to.

Im very new to unreal and just learning as I go and run into problems.

So is there anyway I could blend or merge or overlay the rainy glass over the cop car glass asset, that way I could have the red/blue lights and tailights and the windows be rainy looking? So far for the shot because it is framed from behind the cop car I just laid a Panel over the rear window and sized it to fit and put the rainy material on that. not the best work around

That’s a great question @MOTOX24! A great way to accomplish what you are looking for is using Material Functions. They let you overlay effects onto materials or even combine them. There are some good videos on how to use them like this one which covers the basics, this one which covers layered materials, and this one on rain effects.

awesome! thank you