Poor FPS with Unreal 5.3.2 on linux

Hello,

I have two questions regarding Unreal Engine 5 on Ubuntu Linux. My PC has the following configuration: 2 Nvidia 4090 GPUs and an AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5995WX 64-Cores CPU.

Currently, I’m experiencing fluctuations in performance within my scenes. While I’m able to maintain a stable 100 FPS in the editor, when I run my scene, there are instances where the FPS drops significantly to around 10 FPS, despite seemingly low system resource consumption.

1. Are there any specific configurations or optimizations I should consider implementing to address this issue?

Moreover, in my scene, I have no 3D objects. Instead, I am trying to send 5 MP camera images (2448*2080p) via ROS using a certain plugin. I created 5 ROS camera components with C++ that create videos and send them with ROS. Here is an excerpt from my code:

"SceneCaptureComponent->FOVAngle = CameraComponent->FieldOfView;
SceneCaptureComponent->OrthoWidth = CameraComponent->OrthoWidth;

RenderTarget = NewObject(this, UTextureRenderTarget2D::StaticClass());
RenderTarget->InitCustomFormat(Width, Height, EPixelFormat::PF_B8G8R8A8, true);
SceneCaptureComponent->TextureTarget = RenderTarget;"

I noticed that just with this line “SceneCaptureComponent->TextureTarget = RenderTarget;” I lose a lot of FPS. But I need the SceneCaptureComponent to capture the scene and send the data of the TextureTarget by ROS.

1. Are there better solutions for capturing the scene and sending it via ROS to avoid this FPS loss?

Best regards, Axel

Hello everyone,

I wanted to bump this post as I haven’t received any response yet regarding my questions about Unreal Engine 5 on Ubuntu Linux. I would greatly appreciate any assistance or suggestions you might have regarding the performance issues I’m encountering in my scenes, as well as any alternative solutions for capturing the scene and sending it via ROS without FPS loss.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards, Axel