Pool Memory Size problem

Hi

I dont know why but my Pool Memory Size is 700MB. I didnt change anything in ini files. I am working on 4.8.3 version. Can someone explain how can I increase it? I know that there is an ini file Engine\Config\Windows\WindowsEngine.ini
but my friend who is working with me is having 1000MB on lower spec machine.

My specs:
Win 7
2x 970GTX
16 GB ram
i7-4790K 4.0 GHz

Cheers,
Lucas

Change engine scalability settings to epic and it should set texture memory to 1000mb

Thanks,

Thank You :slight_smile: I found it after few minutes I posted my topic. I wanted to share what I found but You posted already the answer :slight_smile: Thanks

Use this command in the output log :

r.Streaming.PoolSize 4000 (for 4gb) or less. Makes a huge difference because even 1000 is too low imo.

Do you mean “console” instead of “output log”? :slight_smile: …In any case yeah r.Streaming.PoolSize 1500 for my 2GB GPU makes the “streaming textures” lag go away.

Yea console. But in editor they call it output log Afaik.

Oh OK that’s me being a smarty pants. In the Editor, it appears one can press the tilde (~) key to bring up the console, but also in the output log at the bottom you can enter console commands.

didn’t know the tilde button could open the console in the editor. good to know!