Point and Click Adventure Toolkit

Hey fegabe (and thanks for jumping in bandcrasher)

You are right, state strings only work when they are tied to a specific level, OR the same scene manager is used across multiple levels.

Level States should also be possible through the same methods, as long as the Scene Name is consistent across your project. here is an example for “General” that can be accessed by GetSceneStateByName().

You can always create your own solution but this should work without actually being tied to a specific scene.

Hope this helps!

Aaron

UE4.25.3 Update Resubmission

Hi All,

Just a quick update on the recent release. There were a couple of “missing” nodes from in the BP_SceneManagerBase blueprint due to the heavy refactoring of the Save Game Helpers and the silent failure of the change.

An update has been submitted with this fixed, but for those who have recently pulled down the update, these changes can be easily changed locally.

1. Open the BP_SceneManagerBase blueprint

2. Navigate to the **AddStateStringToScene() **function, and find the missing space after the branch false execution, and add GetSceneStateByName() function and connect the outputs like shown below:

3. Navigate to the RemoveStateStringFromScene(), and find the missing space after the branch false execution, and add GetSceneStateByName() function and connect the outputs like shown below:

4. And you are done!

As always, please let me know If there are any further issues or feature requests. Support email: aaronscott.marketplace@gmail.com

Aaron

Thank you Aaron! I had a similar solution to the one you’re proposing using the name of the first Level to load but creating and saving it before as you did its much better.

I love your asset by the way, it’s a great way to also learn Unreal since it’s really well done.

Regards

Glad to hear this works, and really appreciate the feedback!

Aaron

The Point and Click Adventure Toolkit community is now officially on discord!

Join us: Aaron Scott - Unreal Marketplace