[Plugin] Steam Workshop Accessor - Blueprint wrapper with full access

Did you check the SteamAppId.txt?

Do you use the same steam account when uploading via the plugin or SteamCMD?

Yes, I did the build of the project and threw the Steam_AppId.txt file into the folder, but the error was still the same. On SteamCMD, I used the same account and everything went fine. I have 2 accounts with full access and from both I get an access error.
This is the log from the file (Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ logsworkshop_log.txt):

[2019-11-28 12:44:42] [AppID 985720] Create new workshop item for AppID 29876876: 18446744073709551615 (Access Denied)

This is the log from SteamCMD (\ steamcmd \ log \ sworkshop_log.txt):

[2019-11-27 17:58:15] Loading workshop items for 0 installed apps for user [U: 1: ***********]:
[2019-11-27 17:58:25] [AppID 985720] Create new workshop item for AppID 985720: 1922013159 (OK)
[2019-11-27 17:58:25] [AppID 985720] Upload starting for workshop item 1922013159 by AppID 985720
[2019-11-27 17:58:37] [AppID 985720] Uploaded new content (ManifestID 2413778856138486567) for item 1922013159.
[2019-11-27 17:58:53] [AppID 985720] Uploaded new workshop preview file H: \ UnrealEngine4 \ Test421 \ 7777.png
[2019-11-27 17:58:53] [AppID 985720] Upload finished for workshop item 1922013159: OK

Plugin: [2019-11-28 12:44:42] [AppID 985720] Create new workshop item for AppID 29876876: 18446744073709551615 (Access Denied)
SteamCMD: [2019-11-27 17:58:25] [AppID 985720] Create new workshop item for AppID 985720: 1922013159 (OK)

Hello! Purchased the Plug-in and installed easy and then read the instructions on this post and everything looks good except when I try and create a new item it always fails. (See Attached ScreenShot)

1. Workshop is setup on Steam and can click on it to open but has no items yet
  2. Testing by opening the game from the editor in “Standalone Game”
  3. Steam overlay works
  4. Steam Achievements work
  5. When I use your “Steam Workshop Create Item”, it always fails.

How would I go about troubleshooting this issue, are there any logs? I think everything is setup right, I have read all the post on here but not for sure what else to do.

Sincerely,
John

Check the enum of the result and search the log for “steam”.

Thank you Rumbleball for the fast reply!

looked thru the logs and it said the following. Changed the preview image to smaller size. I used a program called Paint.net to resize the image and then reran the test and did not get the failed error.

Do you know of a good way to get preview image? I am currently using the command line “Shot” to take a screenshot but there are no parameters that I know of to make the screenshot smaller. Do you know of anyway to take small preview images?

UPDATE No longer getting the failed message but also not getting any “On Success” output. Looked in the log but it does not say anything like it did for the Preview Image being too big. Do you think this could be an issue with the “Content Directory”. I do not know what to do now, can you help?

UPDATE 2 Was able to send using the SteamCMD and it works but still not working with the Plug-In, any help you can give would be great appreciated. Without any logs from the “Steam Workshop Create Item” I am dead in the water.

Steam>workshop_build_item C:\steamworks_sdk_146\sdk ools\ContentBuilder\ContentWorkShop\WorkShopTest.VDF
Preparing update…
Preparing content…
Uploading content…
Uploading preview image…
Committing update…Success.
Steam>

Sincerely,
John

[2019.12.01-17.41.03:341][753]SteamWorkshop: Error: FSteamWorkshopManager::ValidateItemPreviewImage(538): Preview image size must be <1MB! Image: C:\Users\Family\Documents\Unreal Projects\NGSB_Steam\Saved\Screenshots\Windows\shot.png
[2019.12.01-17.41.03:341][753]SteamWorkshop: Error: FSteamWorkshopManager::CreateWorkshopItem(1013): Validation of upload details failed!
[2019.12.01-17.41.03:341][753]LogBlueprintUserMessages: [SaveWorkShop_C_0] FAILED
[2019.12.01-17.41.08:741][915]LogWindowsDesktop: Alt-F4 pressed!

Thumbnail:
You can use “Snipping Tool” in windows or if you want to capture a shot from the game “highresshot XxY” console command. Or the good old Print key on your keyboard (adds the current monitor screen to the system clipboard (paste into image editing tool like Microsoft Paint).
But you most likely need a third party application to cut/resize the image.

So did you manage to do it or does the SteamWorkshopCreateItem node still not return Success?

The screenshot will need to be at run time, when the player creates the Workshop item so using snip-it or any third party tool will not work. I had tried "highresshot XxY"console command and it works in the editor but does not work in a shipping build. The “Shot” console command works but the images are too large for Workshop and there are no parameters to make it smaller. The only way I can think of doing this is with “Scene Capture”, but for that you have to create a extra camera for the player and setup it up so it is a pain. I was wondering how you created preview thumbnails/images at run time for your Workshop items?

SteamWorkshopCreateItem node still not returning any success, I have no idea how to troubleshoot this because there is nothing in the log. I went back thru all of your steps and everything looks right and it is not failing but also not success. Do you have any other ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue?

I simply do not create Thumbnails/WorkshopItems at runtime. In our case, which is the case for most people, we have a mod kit that is exposed to the user that is used to create mods.

If you are willing, I can help you with a TeamViewer session (send me PM).

Is your project C++? Set breakpoints in
SteamWorkshopManager.h - FSteamWorkshopManager::CreateWorkshopItem
SteamWorkshopAsyncObject.h - FSteamAsyncObjectCreateWorkshopItem::OnSteamCallback_OnlineThread

I sent you a PM

Hey Rumbleball,

**I wanted to publicly thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to help me. This issue was not even related to your plug-in but with my configuration.

Thank you again and you do great work!

Sincerely,
John**

I just pushed an Marketplace Update for 4.23 to add Unicode support.
Can’t upload 4.24 yet.

Hi,
We just got this plugin for our game and got most things working. We can upload new items to the workshop and and use all item downloaded without a problem.
However we do not get a callback when a new item is downloaded when the game is running.

I registered the delegate (SteamDelegate_OnWorkshopItemDownloaded_Bind) but FSteamWorkshopManager::OnWorkshopItemDownloaded is never called when I subscribe to a new item in the workshop, not really sure what I am missing here.

Did the Bind function return true?
Edit: Though it does not work on my end either. The setup of the callback seems to be correct as of Steam SDK Docs. Looking into it.
Editr2: GameOverlayActivated_Bind works corrently. This is the same kind of binding.

ISteamUGC Interface (Steamworks Documentation)

The callback only fires when the Download has been started via the application as it seems.

This is working:

I opened a discussion in the developer forum:
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamworks/discussions/9/1736632010982034499/

Right I see, thanks for fast response.
Hopefully it can be resolved on steams end then.

I found the issue.
What I’m after is ItemInstalled_t and not DownloadItemResult_t.
If I added a callback and delegate for ItemInstalled_t it works as I expected it to.

This is probably is not a part of you plug in but I was wonder if you knew of a way to open the Steam Overlay from Blueprint? I know the player can open it by pressing SHIFT + TAB.

I am putting a button on the main screen of the game and I am trying to figure out how the button will either open the overlay so they can see their Achievements or it will take them to their achievements web page on the Overlay like your node takes them to the workshop page.

Use the generic ActivateGameOverlayToWebpage node. https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/api/ISteamFriends#ActivateGameOverlayToWebPage

You are the best!