[PLUGIN] NevarokML: Machine Learning for Unreal Engine

I’m excited to share NevarokML Plugin, a project I’ve been grinding on since March. It’s tailored for Reinforcement Learning within Unreal Engine and supports both C++ and Blueprint users.

Get started and explore:
GitHub for the plugin.
Documentation for a smoother start.
Youtube to see it in action.
Contacts for feature requests, bug reporting, contributions, etc.

If you have questions or run into any challenges, just give me a shout. I’d be happy to hear your feedback or ideas to refine the plugin further.

Have fun! :wink:

1 Like

When will it be released on the Unreal Marketplace?

1 Like

You can already download and use NevarokML Plugin for UE 5.2v
Currently, full version of the plugin is available on GitHub

Before releasing it to the marketplace I am planning on adding imitation learning, making some adjustments to support 5.3, producing more examples, and running more tests to be sure it’s stable

In case you have any issues and need some help installing or using it please let me know

Any kind of feedback would be appreciated

@SHAY2407 Additionally, I have created a video tutorial that outlines the installation process directly from our GitHub repository. This tutorial should provide you with a clear guide to successfully set up the NevarokML plugin in Unreal Engine 5.2.

Thank you once again for your patience. I look forward to assisting you further and ensuring a smooth experience.

Amazing! Looks like an easier way to integrate reinforcement learning features into my project :clap:, when will you add the support of UE 5.3 btw?
Can’t wait to see it released on the marketplace :+1:~!

1 Like

Thank you, @XiuzeWang ! I’m glad you see the potential of the NevarokML Plugin for your projects. I’m working diligently to add support for UE 5.3 and to integrate the imitation learning feature. My target is to have these updates rolled out by the end of November, but if all goes well, it could be even earlier.

Once these updates are stable and I’ve done thorough testing, I’ll proceed with releasing it on the Unreal Marketplace. Stay tuned and thank you for your enthusiasm and support! If you have any further questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to share.

All the best! :smile:

That looks so amazing! I am not so knowledgeable about ML in general, I am trying though and having challenges actually just to have the right start, would you help me? where I can read or see tutorials, general ones and how to employ it in UE?
To be more specific, I am working on a project for a building system, that builds rooms, walls, windows, doors… and I want to use ML to suggest arrangement of furniture layouts, should I make my own model and start from scratch, knowing that there are already existing models that solve this problem quite good, can I employ them in UE?
Thank you!

1 Like

Hello @sherifssalama ,

Thank you for your interest in NevarokML Plugin and for reaching out!

Starting with ML can seem daunting at first, but I’m here to help. The plugin comes with several examples that are well-commented, which can serve as a great starting point for beginners. Alongside these examples, I’ve put together comprehensive documentation to guide you through the process, making it smoother for you.

For a foundational understanding of ML and its application, I recommend you start by familiarizing yourself with the basics of machine learning, and then diving deeper into reinforcement learning. The journey can be overwhelming initially, but with persistence and hands-on practice, it becomes clearer and more approachable. Take your time, go through the provided examples, and always feel free to reach out with questions or for guidance.

Regarding your specific question: if the existing model you’re considering was trained using Stable Baselines3 and is compatible, then there’s a potential to transform and utilize it within Unreal Engine using the NevarokML Plugin.

However, if the model wasn’t developed with the same toolset, I cannot guarantee seamless integration with my plugin in Unreal Engine. In such cases, you might need to consider retraining or adapting the model to ensure compatibility.

Also if the model you’re considering is available in the ONNX format, or if it can be converted to ONNX, and you have a detailed specification on its usage, there’s a good chance you can integrate it with Unreal Engine using NevarokML Plugin or even Unreal Engine’s NNE plugin.

Regarding tutorials: While I am currently focused on the final touches of the plugin, I understand the importance of hands-on tutorials. I am planning to create detailed tutorials in the near future. In the meantime, if you need assistance with implementing your idea and training a model specifically for furniture layout, I’d be happy to assist you.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly here or via any of the channels listed on the contact page.

Thank you for your thorough answer I appreciate it :blush:
Will definitely do, and I am already going through the documentation and tutorials, and hoping for more in the future
cheers

1 Like

Hello Kyrylo. I am having trouble fixing the “error: Archive Not Found. Please try reimporting the plugin” message. I have tried everything from deleting the extracted folder and re-extracting to completely deleting the plugin from the Plugins/Marketplace folder and adding it back. Any guidance would be much appreciated.
I did notice that in the youtube video provided on how to install from Github (which I followed), the error message never seems to go away even after extracting the archive and pressing ‘refresh details,’ however when you open the content browser the next time all of the content is there. My content browser stays empty. Thanks in advance

1 Like

@zekeoman ,

Firstly, I’d like to extend my sincerest apologies for the delayed response. Your message had unfortunately slipped my attention amidst a busy schedule. I truly appreciate your patience and understanding.

Regarding the issue you’re encountering with the “error: Archive Not Found” message, I understand how frustrating this can be and I’m here to assist you in resolving it. Since the nature of the problem isn’t immediately clear from the description, it would be beneficial if we could discuss this in more detail.

Could you kindly reach out to me via email (mishakink@gmail.com)? This way, I can provide you with more personalized support and we can collaboratively work towards a solution. Rest assured, I’m dedicated to helping you resolve this issue as smoothly as possible.

Additionally, I wanted to share some promising news: I’m in the process of updating the plugin to function without the need for an external executable. This forthcoming update is aimed at simplifying the process and ensuring a more user-friendly experience.

Thank you once again for reaching out and for your continued support. I look forward to assisting you via email and am committed to ensuring a positive resolution.

Warm regards,

Waiting for it to be on the marketplace for commercial games making

Hello @Lola_Swift,

In case the license is blocking you from usage I would be more than happy to make it free for commercial use for the current version of the plugin.

Please let me know if it’s something that you would like.