[Plugin] Http/s REST, blueprintable JSON and Parse REST API manager at once (VaRest)

Hi, i was doing more tests and originally i was using x-www-form-urlencoded (url) and was working but doing more tests with the latest update i changed to Json format and is workinng now!!

and yeah, i replaced the Get VaRest Subsystem node and that fixed the compiling issue.

Thanks for your quick answer! and thanks for this amazing plugin!

Mauricio

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

I have been trying for a few Hours now to use this Plugin from within cpp. But this is often changed and badly documented by Epic so i had no luck yet.

i edited my *.Target.cs to include " ExtraModuleNames.AddRange(new string] { “VaRest” }); "
when trying to access the subsystem with " UVaRestSubsystem vaRest; " VS recognized the missing include and suggests to add “#include <VaRest/Public/VaRestSubsystem.h>”
this works in the editor but at compile throws error that the file can’t be found, i tried many variations of the include (<>or “”, direclty incldue the .h, add Runtime/ to the start …) to no avail

at this point i am stuck and to keep my quesiton short: how to include this Plugin to be used from cpp in UE4.24 ?

It’s not an Extra module, you should do it like this:

PrivateDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string] {"VaRest" });

Then you can include plugin headers:

#include "VaRestJsonObject.h"
#include "VaRestRequestJSON.h"
#include "VaRestSubsystem.h"

etc.

edited, old post got irrelevant

Thanks for your pointer in the right direction, helped a lot in finding the Problem

in the end i was editing the Target.cs files, but had to edit the Build.cs file

The links provided in the OP does not go to usage examples, nor does it have any documentation on how to use it. Does anyone have any links to how to use this with example blueprints? The few youtube examples are from old versions which isn’t the same :frowning:

Edit: It turns out you can set the target to the node as VA Rest Subsystem. So it kind of works now but no documentation yet >.<

@ VaRest is a life saviour! Thank you. Please update to 4.25.0 and let me know where can I donate :slight_smile:

Hey, this plugin is amazing,

when I use the GitHub repository for 24.25 it tries to rebuild the modules (VaRest and VaRestEditor), however, it crashes and displays a message saying that my project can not be compiled. have someone have any luck using varest for UE4.25?

PD: do you know if it’s going to be soon at the market place for 4.25?

Hi,
Thank for 4.25 update !!! you’re the best !

“Get Response Object” seem to not work on 4.24 & 4.25?
Can you confirm @ ?

I have same problem “By HevoYTB-FR on April 20, 2020 9:08 PM on marketplace”

For the moment my only solution is to "get response content as string + construct my json object and decode json.

I think I have the same problem. Using 4.25 from store.

Just tested, all works as it should. Please provide example that fails.

Hi @, I have what’s hopefully a quick question.

How do I loop through a Object Array that came in as a response?

{“ship_values”:{“total_water”:“0”},{“total_material”:“0”},{“total_score”:“0”}]}

Basically i’m trying to have the key and value come into UE4.

Example:

Thanks!

-T

Hi, @ I am facing some problem about top-level arrays reading.

I have tried to do this: https://www.notion.so/HowTo-Read-top…de0c9e65d512f5 but it still does not work.

Error Log is: LogVaRest: Error: UVaRestJsonObject::SetRootObject(43): Trying to set invalid json object as root one. Reset now.

Thanks you in advance for your attention.

P.S. UE4.21

Edited (1): I’ve just found actually it did not callback after run Call URL node. Maybe it cause my issue ?

ok so I Downloaded 4.25plus from github and compiled source. How do i re compile your plugin for source build engines? your wiki is gone. your site links to dead links etc.
I need to recompile the plugin so i can use it with a project requiring chaos but it says this error when trying to compile it:

editor modules can’t be compiled while the engine is running.

With 4.25.2 I’m having issues getting my project to package. So I did a fresh pull on the repo and tried to load the the project and can’t. I have make sure that the plugin is installed in the engine, but am getting this error when I try to load or build the project:

Any Ideas?

Copying the plugin into the project seems to have fixed the issue for now, but I am curious as to why I’m having to do that…

It’s a bug of UE 4.25.2 release. Please check Unreal Engine 4.25 released! - #335 by VictorLerp - Announcements and Releases - Unreal Engine Forums

Anyone have any examples on how to get a Map field from the JSON string?

I’m trying to call VaRest plugin in my own plugin written in C++. I think I need to get the object of the UVaRestSubsystem in order to be able to access the rest of the VA* objects (e.g. VaRestRequest, VaRestJson, etc.). How do I get the UVaRestSubsystem in C++? I’ve used BP and it’s just a node, but I’m not sure how to do that in C++.

You can use it this way: GEngine->GetEngineSubsystem<UVaRestSubsystem>()