[Plugin] Http/s REST, blueprintable JSON and Parse REST API manager at once (VaRest)

Everything is now parented/referenced to VaRestSubsystem. You can construct request from it or call make a call directly without any request object.

Hello
i want to send {“Username”:“user1”,“Pass”:“123456789”} to php but i don’t know how to do it?

No idea what that is… Can you explain how to replace this node? Same issue as @MrRangerYT here moving from 4.23 to 4.24

Hello,
Can’t find any ways to send a list of JSONs with one request.
The server gets only JSON list, also if you send one event, like {“connection_type”: “wifi”, “session_num”: 1}]. But sometimes I realy need to send list of JSON.
I was trying to hack it with LoadJsonFromFile, but editor is crashing if file contains list of JSON (i think also if starts with “”).

Is there any way to send a json list?
Maybe i can hardcode append/format JSON (to add “” and “]”) before send request or something else? (as temporal solution of course)
Or maybe just set whole JSON as string.

ue 4.23, marketplace plugin version

One more question, functions “EncodeJson”, “EncodeJsonToSingleString” , “WriteToFilePath” returns JSON without spaces, but “ProcessURL” (and similar to it) send formatted data with spaces. I need to calc hash from JSON for Authorization header and it becomes impossible. Because “get json” and “send request” operating with different strings, without spaces and with spaces respectively.
I hope I explained it quite understandably, sorry for my English.

your.website/your.php?Username=user1&Pass=123456789

Hi everyone:

Is it possible to convert JSON request object into a structure directly

Thank you

actually that is a very unsafe method of sending a password.

create a json object, and set the username and password string fields into the object, and it will send it as a json post. and in php get the values with

json_decode(file_get_contents('php://input'), true);

make sure the url is https and not http

Hi everyone. Can somebody help me. What is wrong with this code? I can’t transfer the body json to request. Error 404

Hi,

you should do it this way:

Thank you very much
Now works perfectly

Hi, since VaRest is setup as a subsystem, it appears I can’t use it in editor (design time). I was building a tool that required some http/json handling during design time.

LogScript: Warning: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_GetGameInstanceSubsystem_ReturnValue

I am guessing there is nothing I can do at this point with VaRest? Any help appreciated, thanks.

Hi,

Yes for now, I’ve created https://github.com//VaRest/issues/287 and I’ll check what I can do with it.

Hi im trying to pull data From my site with this plugin like i did before but i cant get it to pull info can i get sum help anyone know how to do it with this new update?

When I toggle the Verify Peer setting in the Project Settings, I get “LogInit: Warning: CVar named ‘n.VerifyPeer’ marked up in NetworkSettings was not found or is set to read-only”, and the setting has no effect. I tried going the C++ way but I can’t figure out which header to include to get FCurlHttpRequest. I can’t find it in the UE4 API documentation either. Halp!

Just updated to the latest release, suddenly “Set object array field” doesn’t seem to work anymore on request object, did anything change regarding this? It doesn’t generate any errors but doesn’t seem to actually append the objects anymore. Set integer field for example still seems to work

Edit: Nvm, seems to work again if I put content type to json. Nefore this update it only worked if I had it on form encoded :slight_smile:

hi, i have the same issue after the latest update today, and i just remove the node and added again and now i can compile but is not working anymore, I am using the content type x-www-form-urlencoded and is not working, i tried using json too but no luck either.
Anyone can help with this?

Thanks!

Please provide usage example, I need a case to reproduce.

In a previous update i had an error in the construct json object and i had to create a Va Rest Subsystem node and connect to the target, but with this new update all the Va Rest Subsystem nodes have error and the nodes connected to it have error too, like a construct json object, construct json request, etc
If i create a new Va Rest Subsystem node and i link to the construct json then the error compiling go away and i can compile, but then just dont work, i mean dont connect to the api as it was doing before the update.

edit: i am using the node construct json request and using the format x-www-form-urlencoded (url) and i checked and i am receiving error 405 in the response statuscode

Thanks!

Yes, subsystem was changed, unfortunately the engine can’t recomplite it itself, so “Get VaRest Subsystem” node just have to be re-created.

405 means wrong request verb. Check you’re using right (POST/GET/etc) one.