Plugin-Based Game Code State Machine, Part 2 - Sept 27th - Live from Epic HQ

WHAT
and will be continuing their development plugin-based game code! Check out the first part here. Game systems written as plugins can be ported easily from one project to another and are a good way to build game-agnostic systems. The state machine they are building can be used for tracking all kinds of quest and player decision data.

WHEN
Tuesday, September 27th @ 2:00PM ET Countdown]

WHERE

WHO

• Sr Learning Resource Engineer
  • Senior Technical Writer -

Feel free to ask any questions on the topic in the thread below, and remember, while we try to give attention to all inquiries, it’s not always possible to answer’s questions as they come up. This is especially true for off-topic requests, as it’s rather likely that we don’t have the appropriate person around to answer. Thanks for understanding!

Assets: https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?124406

Archive:

1 Like

Going through these tutorials I just wanna say: Thank you very much for creating content like this.

I always felt like I was on the cusp of beginner c++, never finding the right “in”, into intermediate C++ coding (with algorithms and techniques.) After going through part 1 and part 2 of this series I now know with confidence I’ve entered into that intermediate zone just based on the eye opening experience of creating this state machine alongside and ( Buddy Cop Movie in the works?). I hope more content like this can be created. Subjects that are computer science related which have a place within the game making industry. You guys have done a fantastic job in explaining the subject well and I’ve learned a lot. It’s gonna hopefully take my game to the next level ^_^.