Pls, help me. How to project background to the plane?

Hello. [ UE4 ]Composure Test with RayTracing - YouTube
Please help to understand. How did the author of the video do this? He projected a background image onto the plane, but i dont know how. Pls help me find out.

I don’t think there’s any projection going on, it’s just a second viewport in collision view mode.

Under the video, the author explains
“i use screen space to project a texture to the ground so it can catch the shadow. then merge it with the original video.
tips: in the shader u can use a sphere mask to make the ground edge translucent. so it will blend with the video very well.
about the reflection shader. i set the diffuse color pure black and add reflection with a little roughness.
in composure. just merge this reflection layer with background image with “add” or “screen” function.”

I’m trying to figure out how to make a shadow catcher material. The author of that video created such material, but I can’t figure out how it will be in blueprint.

At what time in the vid is this?

The video is all about it. The blue plane is a shadow catcher. The pink plane has the same material but with reflections. The author uses the composure tool to blend background video with the cg manikin.

Sorry, I have no idea. Try asking on Answerhub, you’re more likely to get an answer there I think.

Thank you so much for the idea and your time, sir.

1 Like