Please help: Player 2 not joining session with default possessed pawn or controller

Ok it took me a bit to understand that this might not be a problem with the game mode since the game mode itself only instantiates on the server and not the client, but the defaults of the game mode, such as default pawn, default contoller, etc USED to trigger properly for player 2 when joining a session but now do not. They still work properly for player 1 who is acting as a listener server, but any joining player ends up at the wrong spawn point with no designated controller class and no pawn.

I don’t know why i can go back to an old backup of this project and still get it to work. I don’t know what has changed, because i just opened this project one day and it stopped working. Please tell me why this is happening.

can anyone please respond this is preventing me from moving forward with my game and i’ve been trying to find an answer for weeks

bumping again because i still haven’t gotten an answer and i’ve asked this question on every platform i know

First thing you should do is go through the log and look for warning or error clues.
Perhaps the first pawn is blocking the spawn of the second.

The gamemode only exist on the host but it is still responsible for spawning a pawn and tell it to be possess for all the other players too.
Switch to a gamemode that you know works and see if it solves the issue.

Now that you learned the lesson of how painful it is to break a project and not know what went wrong you should begin to use source control.

If you don’t have answer you shouldn’t talk. You see your comm doesn’t help anybody. So if it’s to tell random sh*t that everybody knows, pls STFU with all my respect(I don’t have any). BTW if someone has a real answer you re welcome to give this golden news. Love you devs xoxo

lol people here are trying to help each other, and then there is you… Who s just here to complain and be disrespectful

I know the post is from a long time ago
I had a similar problem and it was the spawn collision handling method (in the player start details) that was preventing the spawn from happening properly. Change it to “Always spawn”.
Hope it helps