Please... help me understand this error when packaging

I dont understand any of this… i tried everything, from deleting unconnected nodes to using visual studio, i want to know at least 1% of what the hell are these errors, any small bit helps. Ive been months stuck…

I’m not sure what the problem is.
But first, check if you’re getting an error by packing an empty project.
If you are getting an error, there may be some corruption.
You can try completely deleting UE5 and reinstalling it.
You can also try deleting your Intermediate, Saved and Build folders in your project folder.
You can reduce the packaging by adding the maps to be packaged from the project settings while packaging.
You can install the latest version which is Visual Studio 2022.

1 Like

What blueprint was the linker working on before these errors appeared? Can you post the full log?

-empty project gives no error
-tried deleting those folders, no good either

i guess ill have to try to re-install… but makes me excessively lazy, since packaging for android gives so much trouble too (nothing to do with this error, this error is for Windoes packaging)

i am pretty sure it must be some Blueprint corrupted. Is there any way to know which one is it in Visual Studio???

thank you very much for all those advices, ill try later to do the rest

thats what i would love to know… but theres no way to know which blueprint is causing the error… unless: is there some way to find it on Visual Studio maybe? I wonder.

i will try to send the full log later

If your empty project does not give an error, you may have made a mistake in the project you are working on.

As a different solution, you can create a new project and try again by migrating your current project.

Thus, you can understand whether the main problem is within the project itself or whether it is due to the project settings.

I’ve solved my problem a few times this way.

i guess thats the solution, but isnt it extremely tedious? it is a BIG project and migrating it asset by asset will be very very hard since everything has references to almost everything, so it will migrate almost everything at once.

oh but u mean simply migrating everything to a new project to see if Project Settings are the problem? thats a good idea, ill give it a try!!

You could also just delete the DefaultEngine.ini and DefaultEditor.ini files in the config folder, that’s the same thing as resetting project and editor settings. You don’t want to delete anything else though, that will definitely cause build errors (at least by making your inputs not work).

1 Like

AFTER MONTHS I SOLVED IT. It was 2 variables pluged into a Select pure node, and the Select output pluged into a Set by ref. THE PROBLEM WAS THE SELECT PLUGED INTO A SET BY REF NODE. (actually, MANY of them)
DO NOT EVER PLUG A PURE SELECT NODE INTO A SET BY REF, EVER (for some completely unknown reason)

1 Like