Please Help, don't know how to increase triangles

Hello,

I am very new to using unreal, I have been trying to make waves based off of this video I found. Unreal Engine 4 Gerstner Waves Ocean Material Livestream - YouTube, in the video he uses a pre-made static mesh called grid64x64 that he made before that has a high triangle count. I can not for the life of me find a grid with a high triangle count, or figure out how to make one/modify the given meshes to increase the triangles. The most I have manages is 32 but it wasn’t enough. I tried using a landscape but that was very buggy.

If you can help that would be wonderful, again i’m super new. Or if you can point me in the right direction to look, that would be awesome.

Thanks

Hi, you would use tessellation to increase the triangle count 1.12 - Tessellation Multiplier | Unreal Engine Documentation

It might be that you need an initial density of triangles (don’t know about that), then you could create such a plane in a program like blender and then use tessellation in UE on top.

But if you’re new to UE, then instead of trying to implement an ocean from scratch you could use the community ocean and start from there [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader - Work in Progress - Unreal Engine Forums there all this is already implemented and working.