Playing with a controller

Hi , I have a problem when connecting my controller to my game, whenever I try to play I only can move 1 character at a time but what I really want is to play 1v1 with a split screen. Could you help me solving this problem ??

Hey @PD07!

Is it just controlling the characters you are having trouble with? If so, check out this non-Epic affiliated tutorial that may be what you need:

Let me know if this works for you!

Hi, thank you for the video. But when searching “adjust player” it does not appear in the menu, do you know why ? Thank you

Hey @PD07,

Adjust player is a custom event you will need to create and is not automatically in the engine. Are you having trouble calling the event after you have created the custom event?

Hi, I have trouble creating adjust player, is there any video which could help me ? Thank you

Hey @PD07,

Please do the following:

1. Right click in the blueprint graph.

2. Search for and add custom event.

3. Name that event adjust player or whatever else is fitting.

yiNDXdaWAz

ee6RDj3m8v

UnrealEditor_5YpK1W5zXp

That will be what you need to make the event.

1 Like

Thanks

Hey @PD07,

Please let me know if you are still having difficulty with setting up your multiplayer!

We can definitely get this solved. And if this was the solution you needed, please don’t forget to mark the solution so that if someone else has the same problem they can look to this thread!

Hi, I have donde everything the video said but it still doesn’t work, I am going to do it again and I will let you know if it works this time

Hi, I am still unable to play with both characters at the same time, but I have everything as in the video.

Hey @PD07,

To confirm, you are unable to get this working in a packaged version of your project? The method above does not work in the editor.

Yeah yeah it doesn’t work

Hey @PD07,

Would you mind sharing screens of what you have so far in regards to your blueprints? Are there any errors present? And just to double check, what engine version are you using?

Any additional specifics you provide will go a long way in figuring this out.