Playing Movie in widget starts from last frame when player for a second time

Hi Guys, I’m playing a movie in a widget on player death. When played for the first time everything is fine. However when I die for a second time the movie starts from the last frame and then jumps to the first frame and plays the movie. I do a “remove from parent” on the widget after play thinking that this will empty it from cache and will always play the movie from start. This isn’t working.

Does anyone know how to fix this? THX!

Does your movie have a Reset Current TIme function? Preferably show me what you’re doing (i.e. the related Blueprints/C++) but really you need to create a function inside your widget that resets the movie’s play time and then removes the widget from the viewport.

THX RCE_WillPimentel for the quick reply and your suggestion.

My Widget Blueprint playing the QTE movie is very basic. On “event construct” using the “open source” node with the media player as a target I select the movie to play. The movie player is set to “Play On Open”.

I’ve tried to make a function as you suggested, however I cannot find any kind of reset node that can be applied to the media player. The only ones I have to work with is a “Rewind” node which doesn’t work.

Have you tried the Close node?

Thx again for your quick reply. I’ve tried out all variation of nodes mentioned in the link, but I still cant fix the issue. I tried “rewind” then “close”. I’ve tried to “seek” and setting seek time to zero and then “play”. All those tries didn’t help to solve my the issue of the last frame appearing on replaying the movie for a second time.

If anyone knows how to fix this I would really appreciate any input.

THX!

hello I this this post will be helpful.