Widget Video Keeps playing last frame first!

I swear I have everything setup right… but I have multiple screens that switch. And one of them is a video. Well when the video switches and plays, it loads the last frame for a split second, then goes on to play the video. I can’t figure it out. I actually have this happen on 2 of the videos in 2 separate widgets… Any help is greatly appreciated. Sometimes it will also blink a black frame instead then last frame even…

I got it working, not really , but its not as noticable. I did open source first then a delay of .2 before it makes the video visible. Not exactly what I want, but its skipping that black or end frame at least…

This is caused by the “Media Texture”.
Solution(UE5.01, Blueprint):

1. Go to your media texture’s “Media Texture” tab, set “Auto Clear” TRUE (Attention to the note of Auto Clear option by hovering on it);
  2. You should add “Close” node rather than “Pause” node when you want the playing stopped in order to clear the last frame from the media texture. and then when you open your media player next time, the “last frame” is gone before your video plays.
2 Likes

This doesn’t really seem to work. Set autoclear true, closed the media player, even put a delay of 0.2 seconds, opened the new source, last frame still flashes.