Player Start & Level Streaming 5.3

I have a VR pawn based on the default VR template. Has an extra feature, the teleport destination has a direction arrow, so the direction you end up facing, after teleporting, is determined by thumbstick direction. This works fine in a single map.

Im using level streaming to loop thru’ a few levels. The direction arrow now won’t take the rotation. I can see from print string that the rotation of thumbstick is working and I can get a static mesh cube to mirror the thumbstick rotation.

Any ideas why the direction arrow wont rotate?
Is it to do with the level stream?
What do I do about player starts in each streaming level. Currently I have a PS in the base level and each streamed level.
Do I need to set it to auto receive input?
Is the player pawn that is spawned in the first level the same one in all the streamed levels?
Is it something to do with navmesh streaming?

(also …this forum… cant use “vr” as a tag)

Why keep changing players?

The player can exist in the persistent, and in fact, everything spawned is already in the persistent.

Can you describe the scenario a bit more? So you stream in the level, and then try to teleport into it?

The base level (persistent) streams in the other levels initially loading level1. The player has a ‘next level’ button to stream in the next level. In each of the levels the player can teleport around.
The base level only has a player start in it.

The base player should reside in the persistent level, the streamed levels do not need to have player starts if they are just parts of the main level.

Could this be more of a problem of the streaming levels not having navmesh data upon import that maybe the teleport relies on? Can you teleport around the newer level pieces (even though the rotation is not working)

Player can teleport in all levels. The additional levels are totally different levels so i think i need the Player start for setting the location

This fix I have right now is to spawn a separate teleporter arrow and move that around. Seems crazy that the original arrow that was part of the spawned Niagra cylinder teleport destination wouldn’t rotate in streamed levels…