Player spawns in sky and game ends instantly when joining game in progress

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Devices

Summary

In my box fight map when a game is in progress with 1 player and someone joins the game he goes in spectating but spawns in the air at the next round and the game ends instantly instead of spawning in the box fight, and when there is more than 1 player in the public game and someone joins the player spawns in the air again but the game doesn’t end and he’s in a team with someone even though it’s only 1 player max for each team.

Steps to Reproduce

Start a public game and wait for the game to start then ask someone to join when the game is on.

Expected Result

When someone joins an in going game I want him to go in spectating and then spawn in a team that’s not taken by anyone.

Observed Result

when a game is in progress with 1 player and someone joins the game he goes in spectating but spawns in the air at the next round and the game ends instantly instead of spawning in the box fight, and when there is more than 1 player in the public game and someone joins the player spawns in the air again but the game doesn’t end and he’s in a team with someone even though it’s only 1 player max for each team.

Platform(s)

All

Island Code

5098-5932-7814

Additional Notes

Someone said It’s maybe because of my barriers bu didn’t tell me how to fix it (can be something else)

Hey Lennsy_,

The barrier issue is a result of putting a spawnpad inside a solid barrier, switching the barrier to a hollow box is the fix.

But that may not be whats causing the game to end.

I’ll jump into your island later today and see if I can help.

1 Like

I tried removing the barriers completely and it didn’t work but if you can help me find the problem coulb be amazing thanks.
Also I could show you all my settings if needed

I didn’t get a chance yesterday to look, now I’m updating FN…

We’ll get it sorted, and go through the settings.

what type of game is it ?

No problem ! It’s a Box Fight Game with different powers and there is 12 teams but some teams can have the same power like team 3 and 4 has the same power but its a different team and inventory.

I just had a look, thats a pretty awesome map, nice work !!

Is it last man standing ?

Are you using Island Settings to manage game rounds ?

What does your Verse device do ?

Thanks ! Yes it’s a last man standing and I just tried removing the “Last man standing ends game” option to see if it works, I didn’t try yet cause I don’t have anyone to test but if this option is not the problem I would have to enable it again.

Yes I’m using island settings to manage rounds here is the options I choosed for the rounds.

And my verse device Allows the player to be invisible when holding a card for the Rook power.

cool,

I think the last man standing settings in Island Settings doesn’t work properly with teams, and ending game is a possible result.

Using a Player Counter Device and End Game Device thats set to End Round is the way to go.

Since you only have 1 player per team, its more straight forward to use,

Setting it up with an additional method so it doesn’t start counting for the last man standing until a second player joins would be better, so it doesn’t end round as soon as a single player joins.
Let me know if you need help there.

I also think the team numbers issue needs addressing as well.

How are you assigning teams ?

Okay thank you I’m gonna try that right now even though I didn’t understand everything because my english is bad.

Also could you tell me what settings to set for the Player Counter and the End Game device ?

I’m assigning teams with a team rotation each round and a random number generator to assign teams could be better but I feel like I need to redo everything to do that.

Thanks for helping

Hi, I got some news and I completely missed out on 2 cruial options in my teams, they were greyed out so I had to enable them, I’m gonna try that to fix the team size problem. And for the game ending problem I’m also trying.

1 Like

Update : it’s still not working if someone could add me on discord to help me it’s : Lennsy

Hey I’m really sorry, little kids have learnt to use mouse and have been closing windows on me, I mean’t to reply days ago…

What have you tried so far ?

Don’t worry welcome back ! So i’ve tried a Player Counter Device and End Game Device but I might have did it wrong and I tried the max team size but still didn’t work.

We can go on discord if you want and I could post the solution here if we manage to find it !

A solution here is to put in a round_settings_device and then in Verse call the DisableEndRoundConditions when the match starts.

You’ll then need to add players to an array when they join so you can keep track of them and then signal round end when theres only 1 remaining (there is code in a snippet to do this) or you can listen for eliminations and check the playspace for remaining players.

Call EndRound in the round_settings_device when only 1 (or less) remain.

Hi ! Thanks for helping me I understood 50% of what you said i’m a beginner i’m new to this (sorry). Could you be more precise or maybe to like screen shots or a video please.

Thanks.

still no fix for this?