Player Counters Not counting players.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Devices

Summary

So basically, I’ve been working on a boxfights map for a while now, but I keep running into an issue with the Player Counter. I need it to track when 1 player is left in the boxfight “Arena,” and when the count succeeds it should trigger the Win animation (and all of the other end of round events) What is currently happening is the counter will succeed as soon as it is enabled.

Steps to Reproduce

Create a Player counter set to enable as soon as a countdown timer ends. (make sure you have a confined space for it to check for players.) The player tracker should be aiming to trigger when one player is inside of the zone, no more, no less. Finally have the Device start an event with some kind of animated cinematic.

Expected Result

What should happen is the Device will be enabled and start tracking for players when the countdown reaches 0. Once there is one player left in the zone, then it will activate the animation.

Observed Result

The Sequence works fine up until the Player counter is enabled. Instead of beginning to track the players in the zone it immediately completes (Without registering any player at all) and triggers the cinematic.

Platform(s)

Xbox Series X, PC, Playstation, Nintendo Switch, ect.

Island Code

5909-4189-7260

Additional Notes

I have looked over the problem multiple times, going as far as to restart that whole sequence from the ground up. I’ve worked many times with the player counters and this has never happened to me.

This is not a bug, when the device is enabled it will add all players in the zone to the device one by one, not all at once. So it will go from 0/1 to 1/1 to 2/1 to 3/1. It will not go from 0/1 to 3/1.

You can fix this by letting the on count succeeds signal pass through a trigger device first for example. And set option: Transmit every X Triggers = 2.

No its not that. It literally wasn’t registering player, and I know what your going to say, yes I had it set to constantly check for players. I just updated it and it was working in the editor, not in the actual game.

Basically all players are registered one at a time, but it will only begin to compare after a few seconds. Thats not the problem though… even in the editor I can see it. when I make it track in a zone it completely stops tracking players at all, and will complete as soon as any number of players are inside of it.