Play Force Feedback Dynamic do not stop if called from detroy event

Hi all,

First my problem is already answered, I just want to send you the bug and a workaround for users encountering this problem.

Calling PlayDynamicForceFeedback from a Destroyed event doesn’t stop the force feedback because it seems the LatentAction was just removed at destroy time.

A workaround for UE users that asking themselves how to avoid this is to call a custom destroy method that will stop first the force feedback effect (you can just put this before the Super::Destroyed() in c++ I think, not tested). This should work in blueprint as in C++.

Hello HellSuffering,

I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I have written up a report and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I have also provided a link to the public tracker. Please feel free to use the link provided for future updates. Thank you for your time and information.

Link: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-38226)

Make it a great day

Since updating a project to 4.14 there are times in my splitscreen deathmatch game where controllers will vibrate indefinitely. Is this linked to this bug?

Hello CometGoat,

It’s a possibility, however further investigation would be needed to know for sure. I would need you to create a new thread (for tracking purposes) with more information and the post a link here in a reply to the new thread so that someone could follow up.

Example questions for new thread:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide screen shots of any blueprints/settings that may be involved?