Plastic SCM Source Control Provider

Hi @IhanaMies, I have entered an issue about your problem, so that I can track it properly:

I will look into it shortly, but if you could give some more detail about your settings it would be helpful: what is the root of your workspace? Is it the Project folder itself as usual? And then, are you tracking the Content/ folder, and explicitly ignoring all other folder, or just letting them as “Private”/Not Source Controlled?

I’ll let you know of my progress on this.

Hi [MENTION=23139]The Revera Corporation[/MENTION], I have entered an issue about your problem, so that I can track it properly:

At first I was not able to reproduce it, but reading the code I could spot at least a potential culprit: I will try to make it more robust!

No worries, I was able to fix it by finding the Editor’s text config file that holds the source control configuration values. I think it is indeed more an editor issue, in any case I resolved it by editing this file:
ProjectFolder\Saved\Config\Windows\EditorPerProjectUserSettings.ini

Best,

But I found a bug in my code, and also a way to improve the settings.

So the issue is closed, and I will release a new version with other minor improvements.

I would love to know more about the way you get/compile ?/update the plugin. And what usage? Cloud, Intranet, local server? Any feature requests, issue or performance problem?

Would a release in the Marketplace improve your experience?

We currently get it from your GitHub page and leave it in our project plugins folder.

Our group and some other small teams have found sticking to the binary build offered by the Epic Games Launcher of UE4 has been easiest to keep up with. Since UE4.15 there haven’t been any real needs for us to go custom.

A marketplace version of the plugin would be great although I understand the possible hassle involved with going through the marketplace pipeline each time you release an update.

Also, ‘revert’ in the Content Browser/Folder View doesn’t work properly always. I’ll pay more attention next time I have the issue to see if it has anything to do with the plugin or if it is something else I am seeing.

Best,

Ok, thanks for the detailed answer.

To use ‘revert’ properly, you have to enable the experimental "Content Hot-reload’ option in UE 4.15 (which becomes the norm in upcoming 4.16).

Cheers !

Hi there!

I’ve releasea new version of the Plastic SCM plugin for UE4.15:

Add initial support for Plastic Cloud:

Bugfixes:

• Many minor improvements to UI, log messages, and optimizations

ps: if anyone wants a release for the new UE4.16 Preview 1 let me know!

0.9.9 release for UE4.15

Hi there!

I’ve releasea new version of the Plastic SCM plugin for UE4.15:

Add support for Gluon / Partial mode:

Improve Plastic Cloud support:

Other improvements:

• Improve RunStatus() with a specific case for only one file, and by using the --cutignored
  • Remove log spamming when file state bIsLockedByOther

Bufixes:

• Fix issue of infinite blocking commands when missing authentication.
  • Fix a crash in a log warning if cm shell stop by itself

Known issue:

ps: if anyone wants a release for the new UE4.16 Preview 3 let me know!

1.0.0 for UE4.15

I am very happy to release the 1.0.0 version of the Plastic SCM plugin for UE4.15 :slight_smile:

Bugfixes:

Features:

• Initialize default Workspace and Repository names from Project/Game Name
  • Distinguish between Deleted and LocallyDeleted (Missing) assets and fix Deleted icon

Enjoy!

Hey @SRombauts - congratulations on the release. As someone who’s been using PlasticSCM for a little over a year with UE4, I have a few questions.

So far I have been using the visual client to just commit the stuff that’s added / changed etc. and push it via the sync view. For all intents and purposes I don’t have source control connected in UE4. Is there any benefit to using the plugin over that approach?

Hi @DamirH, I find it very useful to get some context information via status icons, but the real added value for you would be the Blueprint Visual Diff ; you can compare Blueprint accross different revisions.

Are you working in a team? If so, it would help you lock assets (checkout) when you start working on it, or it would help solve a merge conflict if you didn’t use the locking mechanism.

Welp, that sells it. Thanks!

OK, please give me some kind of feedback, and let me know if something feels odd, is missing, or could be improved/optimized. A big part of the workflow is driven by the Editor (not the plugin) but even then I am able to submit merge requests to Epic Games.

I’ve also released a version 1.0.1 for the newly released UE 4.16 :slight_smile:

Have a great weekend!

I’ve released a version 1.0.3 for UE 4.16

I would like to use this plugin for my source control, but I am using mainly UE 4.13 and I am curious if its possible to get the latest version of the plugin compiled for 4.13? :slight_smile:

Hi @NasteX, aren’t you able to compile it from sources?

If not, I can do it for you, but I will have to reinstall 4.13, and download time seems huge where I am presently!

No need for you to do this for me, I actually found your instructions for compiling it from sources. Now I am doing it, thanks for answer. :slight_smile:

Hi all, I’ve released a new version 1.0.4 for the (just released) Unreal Engine 4.17!

This is fantastic mate! Cheers!

Just discovered Plastic and this plugin answered some of my prayers. I’d have to assume you’re somewhat of a Plastic x UE4 power user, any advice on recommended workflow or do you have any docs elsewhere you can point to? I’m in the process of validating it before spreading to the team and ultimately the one thing I’m lacking is a single coherent source of knowledge on it’s workflow with Unreal.