A lot of changes for environments. Added more rock structures and tweaked my rock creating workflow better so I can make more rocks faster. I also made more material changes and foliage changes. I came up with different tree and cactus types that works with our setting. All of this is scattered procedurally on 25km2 landscape. I found out that my 7870 is not able to spawn foliage when simulating the whole landscape area so I divided spawners into smaller groups and sectors. Now my graphics card seams to be somehow stable after simulations Also added culling volumes in those sectors.
Here is a small video from our first player mode to show small part of the environment and our car in action:
I also tweaked our sky and distance planets, overall lighting and so on. Now all of our materials are organized into material functions and during that process I was able to optimize some part of our terrain material. Everything is running smoothly still in VR. With default first person mode we are getting around 120fps steadily so there is room for different things still.
I started to prototype dynamic weather system that will work along with our dynamic day / night system. Also all of the foliage is now using global wind so different weather types are easier to implement. One thing that I think came out pretty well are hot spring pools. Its actually pretty simple setup but really adds more colours to scene.
Thanks again for reading and if you have any questions don´t hesitate to ask.